Frame pack in tree

PAhntr91

WKR
I have a MR beartooth with a lid. Was gonna use it this year cause it’s all I have to pack my tree stand, saddle platform, layers and what not. Anyone leaving there bag on the ground and maybe just bringing up the lid in the tree or hanging the whole bag up there? Should I try and get a smaller bag? Maybe a pintler? What you guys think?

OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
Good to know. Yeah that’s about the same size bag I think.. this beartooth sinches down pretty nice. Lots of straps to load a stand or sticks on the outside. Enough room to pack outer and mid layers and saddle inside. Plus room for meat.

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the 4800 and not long after they released the 1800 so I bought it to try out this season. But the 4800 sinches down nice and in late season you had plenty of room for bulky clothes inside the bag. Which is nice.

Attachments

• 47CD0962-42AE-494D-87B1-755351D02CD3.jpeg
    47CD0962-42AE-494D-87B1-755351D02CD3.jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 67
Take what you need in the tree. Might only be a lid. Put the rest in a trash bag buried in the leaves. Better than having a sweaty pack in the tree like a flag, tho you still need to play the wind.

I bought the 4800 and not long after they released the 1800 so I bought it to try out this season. But the 4800 sinches down nice and in late season you had plenty of room for bulky clothes inside the bag. Which is nice.
Let me just say, if that’s a north Georgia buck, dang. Well done either way, but in georgia, that’s a stud. Nice pack, too

md126

WKR
Take what you need in the tree. Might only be a lid. Put the rest in a trash bag buried in the leaves. Better than having a sweaty pack in the tree like a flag, tho you still need to play the wind.
If you’re pack is that sweaty than you’re going to stink in the tree either way in my opinion. You and you’re clothes will be just as sweaty/stinky.

Exo 4800 up the tree with me. Never gets in the way.

If you’re pack is that sweaty than you’re going to stink in the tree either way in my opinion. You and you’re clothes will be just as sweaty/stinky.

Exo 4800 up the tree with me. Never gets in the way.

I wash my clothes a lot more often than my pack. Sometimes carry a change of clothes and swap them into my pack, but you can't do much to cheat the wind.

cb122

FNG
I began using an MR Pintler last year as my hunting daypack. Took it up the tree with me and no issues. Room inside for food, layers, water, and additional accessories for a day's sit. Plus, plenty of straps on the outside to secure additional items if you needed to pack out meat using the shelf. FWIW - I don't have far to walk so I could always carry my bow if I needed to strap a stand and sticks to the outside of the bag. I bought it specifically to attach my bow to the bag to keep my hands free while walking in and out of the field. I would be pretty sweaty by the time I got to the stand or blind during early season. My bag was never drenched. I just changed shirts and sealed the sweaty shirt in a plastic bag and threw it in my pack. Deer walked by me and didn't seem to mind. As always, wind direction was key. I did always use diligence in storing the bag with my other hunting clothes in a sealed container between hunts as not to pick up common daily odors from a truck or house.