Frank church wins again

The frank is a magical place. And every elk taken is hard earned. I have friends ask about it and just kind of shake my head because I know it would tear them up.

Bcreek86

FNG
I too have been throttled by the frank the past couple yrs.
Frank will throttle you every year no matter what! Pack strings get there asses whooped too. Everyone goes home sore! How much can you endure mentally is a daunting task!

Rockydog

FNG
I live in montana just over the border from the selway and frank. I did a selway hunt last year my mind was blown by the absence of game. 3 guys, pack horse camp 15 miles in, put on 10-15 miles on foot each day. never heard a bugle. Saw maybe 2 elk tracks and a few deer. horribly sad for that country.

The Salmon Zone, unit 28 is the hot spot recently in the west. Just look at the elk sections of Rokslide and Hunt Talk. Several new threads asking about locations and advice. "First time out west, PM me not asking for a honey hole LOL".
The A tag doesn't look like it is but WOW the B tag sure does. Even with the new nonres tag quotas in each zone, there are 715 nonres Salmon B tags. I hadn't noticed this before but talk about insane.