Franken-packs

Hmm I didn't know exo had lid strap kits.
Would definitely be simpler on the ordering.
I'm gonna use mine some then I'll probably cut the rock lobster buckles off and switch it all to auto locks.
And I'm may sew the strap for the lid into a loop on the end so I can cinch it, instead of using a clip on the frame.

DaveS

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome. How well did the Kuiu bag integrate with the Seek frame? I have an Ultra and a Pro bag that I'm thinking about mounting to the Revolution (which I dont yet have)

The Kuiu bag fits great on an Seek Outside frame. Both Kuiu and Seek Outside use gatekeepers. The Kuiu Ultra has a lot of attachment points as does the Seek Outside frame. I used the gatekeeper straps that came with the Kuiu bag and some additional ones that came with Seek Outside frame to connect the bag.

tdot

WKR
The Kuiu bag fits great on an Seek Outside frame. Both Kuiu and Seek Outside use gatekeepers. The Kuiu Ultra has a lot of attachment points as does the Seek Outside frame. I used the gatekeeper straps that came with the Kuiu bag and some additional ones that came with Seek Outside frame to connect the bag.

Awesome. Thanks very much!

I have an SG Kiowa 3200 I put a Kifaru Omni belt on and also attach to a Kifaru Duplex Lite when I want a frame. The Sherman pocket works really well with the Kiowa also

Kuiu 1850 bag on a SG x-curve frame.. Only had to make a couple buckle modifications to the bag. Sorry I don't have pics right now, but can get some if someone wants.

tttoadman

WKR
SG Krux frame
Custom alum curved stays
SG Terminus bag
Lid can be SG or Kifaru std lid with a pocket attached
Kifaru belt with Nalgene and small belt pouch
Kifaru grabit
Currently have a Kifaru Sherman on the back.
IMG_2591.jpgIMG_2590.jpg

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Another with a duplex lite frame with Exo bag, the 6400. Swap a couple buckles on the kifaru compression strap kit and it's like it's made for it. I've got a mystery ranch day pack lid on order. Looking at the tab loops on the frame and bag, I think it should be pretty easy to fit using the guide lid strap kit.

caochs

FNG
Another with a duplex lite frame with Exo bag, the 6400. Swap a couple buckles on the kifaru compression strap kit and it's like it's made for it. I've got a mystery ranch day pack lid on order. Looking at the tab loops on the frame and bag, I think it should be pretty easy to fit using the guide lid strap kit.
I'm wanting to do this setup as well. I'm curious how you carry quarters or training weight with this setup. Are you sandwiching the load between bag and frame or are you securing load directly to the frame? Thanks.

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
I'm wanting to do this setup as well. I'm curious how you carry quarters or training weight with this setup. Are you sandwiching the load between bag and frame or are you securing load directly to the frame? Thanks.

Right now I'm just running a sandbag inside the bag, but I've been thinking about picking up a grab-it or a cargo net for training weight just to reduce wear and tear on the bag. I've only had it a couple months so no chance to pack meat yet, but I'd probably either just pack it in the bag, or sandwich it between bag and frame. With the duplex lite there's a couple extra tab loops on the frame, I might attach a compression strap or two to help secure a load to the frame itself.

And the MR lid arrived, and fits perfect. I used two quick attach tension locks on the loops on the top of the bag, and thread the webbing from the lid through those, didn't end up using the guide lid strap kit.

Block

WKR
There was some sort of super lite Xpac type material made Franken Pac that fit on a Kifaru frame a while back on the classifieds.. still kicking myself I didn’t buy it !

sd375

Lil-Rokslider
My Kuiu has a Kifaru gun bearer upper, Seek bottle holster, and Seek Talon. All work together perfectly. Closest I've gotten to one lol.
How did attaching the Seek Talon to a non seek pack work? Been thinking of trying it with a Mystery Ranch but can’t decide if it would actually work

ChrisAU

WKR
How did attaching the Seek Talon to a non seek pack work? Been thinking of trying it with a Mystery Ranch but can’t decide if it would actually work

Pretty easy, just got to get creative with buckles. Love how it functions as a grab it and extra storage at such a low weight.

JRMiller

WKR
With so many good hunting packs out there i dont see the need to mix and match one up.
Maybe if if i came across various parts that were real, real cheap

I had a few cocktails one evening and attatched my kifaru door gunner to my SG x-curve. I dont even look at new packs anymore because this setup checks every box for me. The door gunner is my Ideal daypack for lion hunting, but after 8 hrs, my lower back hurts pretty bad...When it's on the SG frame, it handles the weight, allows the ability to pack out critters, or pack in camp between bag and frame with the load shelf , and the bag itself adds compression on top of the straps I keep on the frame.
No detatching bag frome frame, and relocating load lifters..just two buckles.

Bobrunner06

Lil-Rokslider
I had a few cocktails one evening and attatched my kifaru door gunner to my SG x-curve. I dont even look at new packs anymore because this setup checks every box for me. The door gunner is my Ideal daypack for lion hunting, but after 8 hrs, my lower back hurts pretty bad...When it's on the SG frame, it handles the weight, allows the ability to pack out critters, or pack in camp between bag and frame with the load shelf , and the bag itself adds compression on top of the straps I keep on the frame.
No detatching bag frome frame, and relocating load lifters..just two buckles.
That's sweet! Got any pics? I'm trying to see if I can put my Quandary on my X-curve frame for a day pack style hunt with meat hauling capability

6.5x284

WKR
My Exfaru 6400. Kifaru Duplex frame, EXO 6400 Bag, EXO lid, EXO load shelf. Super easy. I switched the horizontal bag buckles to auto locks while I was tinkering as that was my only dislike with the EXO bags. Left all lid straps as rocklobsters.

b3e5af5f473ec27b25f57696dbe2dcec.jpg

36408b2892c68fc3f9b9da1c61d18ced.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk