WTS Fraud alert!!!

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Scary stuff!

I received pics with username photo and date. Was to good to be true, and sure enough he was banned a few hours later.

be careful guys!!!

AZmark

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Don’t buy from Nrolson2002

I think the original account was hacked....post the last few hours are nothing like his entire history. Listed several super cheap items in the past couple hours and won’t talk in the phone and only wants PayPal ff or Bitcoin

No way this is the original guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha! I just had a pm conversation with this guy and there were a couple red flags. He is selling a Leupold 3-9x33 VX2. I checked his profile and he’s been here several years. His Grammar was a little off and he wanted PP/F&F only and wanted to know if I used my PP account balance. That was fishy. I asked for more pics sent to my cell phone and his reply was he couldn’t get them now but if I would pay he would get them to me tonight. I said no.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
New type I’ve not seen!!!

Don’t buy from Nrolson2002

I think the original account was hacked....post the last few hours are nothing like his entire history. Listed several super cheap items in the past couple hours and won’t talk in the phone and only wants PayPal ff or Bitcoin

No way this is the original guy

Thanks for this. I just pm’d him about one of his items FS, then I read this. I’ve never had a bad transaction here, and I don’t think I want to start now.

AZmark

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How does someone hack into another members account? Is it that easy? Then he can read all your PMs and get more info on you. From here on if I’m buying or selling I’m going from PMs to cell phone conversation before any info is exchanged.

bozeman

WKR
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Had a PM 2 weeks ago about 'Tarptent for a low price'....I asked for a pic with the date on it......never responded.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Ha! I just had a pm conversation with this guy and there were a couple red flags. He is selling a Leupold 3-9x33 VX2. I checked his profile and he’s been here several years. His Grammar was a little off and he wanted PP/F&F only and wanted to know if I used my PP account balance. That was fishy. I asked for more pics sent to my cell phone and his reply was he couldn’t get them now but if I would pay he would get them to me tonight. I said no.
Please report him to the admins if you haven't already

lcpaul22

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always found the phone easiest to do transactions. I will insist on it now; thanks for the warning.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Maverick1

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I always found the phone easiest to do transactions. I will insist on it now; thanks for the warning.

How does the phone provide additional “insurance/safety”? Asking for understanding, not challenging. How does this make a difference?

lcpaul22

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the phone provide additional “insurance/safety”? Asking for understanding, not challenging. How does this make a difference?
You can get a feel for the person. You can verify some of the details, like the accents mentioned earlier. You can communicate better and reach an understanding in a deal without worrying about ambiguity of text. Lastly, it's easier to steal from some anonymous person online, than it is to talk someone into it. If your spidey sense goes off while talking on the phone, I'd trust it.

I work as a LEO and can tell you there is almost nothing that can be done about internet theft. We are so far behind in the ability to track this stuff and jurisdictional issues in actually enforcing it. Even if the account or ip is tracked, we can't prove who did the typing on the other end. The whole internet is buyer beware.