WTS Fraud alert!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They try and get you to send $; and then never send product... I think that is why they target optics and higher end items. Not Kifaru pouches for $30

That makes sense. That’s why I usually use PayPal g&s for a little bit of buyer protection. But some sellers won’t use it because they are a very left leaning business. Wish there was a more right leaning business that offered buyer/ seller protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooperjd

WKR
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Just a question along these lines...

If I see a for sale ad, and I know a buddy of mine is looking for said item, would that raise any flags for y’all if I contact the seller and say email my friend?

I did this recently and my buddy bought a rifle from here. Would it be different since in a for sale situation there would be money first?

Not trying to scam anyone and I certainly don’t wanna get banned for an honest mistake.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a question along these lines...

If I see a for sale ad, and I know a buddy of mine is looking for said item, would that raise any flags for y’all if I contact the seller and say email my friend?

I did this recently and my buddy bought a rifle from here. Would it be different since in a for sale situation there would be money first?

Not trying to scam anyone and I certainly don’t wanna get banned for an honest mistake.

no you wouldn’t get banned but as it said above if you take care of everything on the site, it just raises less flags. It’s not breaking the rules to facilitate a sale for someone else, just remember that’s a portal for the scammers too

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just curious what do they get out of you emailing them? Try to access your computer? Or something?

I would guess they spend a lot of time logging in to every forum they can find. Probably doing the same thing on forums for cars, motorcycles, collectibles, you name it there is probably a forum for it. They dont want to have to go back around reading PMs so they try to direct everything to an email where they or someone else tries to collect the money.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would guess they spend a lot of time logging in to every forum they can find. Probably doing the same thing on forums for cars, motorcycles, collectibles, you name it there is probably a forum for it. They dont want to have to go back around reading PMs so they try to direct everything to an email where they or someone else tries to collect the money.

That makes sense. I didn’t think of their end goal when I wrote that. They want you to send money and you never get product. That’s why I was saying PayPal g&s but some sellers don’t like it because they are left leaning. Wish there was a more conservative company that did the same with buyer/seller protection

Ucsdryder

WKR
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have heard that if someone uses PayPal g/s and the seller gets your money and takes the money out of the account paypal can’t help you. Not sure if this is true.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard that if someone uses PayPal g/s and the seller gets your money and takes the money out of the account paypal can’t help you. Not sure if this is true.

Havnt heard that. Will have to look into it

cooperjd

WKR
Rating - 100%
17   0   0

I got scammed on eBay as a seller. It was a cheap item, they paid me via PayPal, then claimed to eBay that the item “wasn’t as described” and wanted a refund. I had already withdrawn the PayPal money they paid with. It was an as new item and exactly as described and pictured, they made a false claim.

They also refused to answer any of my emails to remedy the situation. Completely ghosted me. Would not agree to return the item, nothing. As a seller you are given a certain amount of time to fix the situation. I didn’t want a bad mark on my account so I refunded them and lost the item.

In that case I had to refund even though I had already withdrawn the money from PP

WYCFM1

WKR
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Names like Tyler25370183 scare me

Unless I have sold to someone before or seen them on here before your a scammer until proven otherwise haha they are getting better but they are still easy to figure out real quick...I’m just waiting till they start going into deep cover for long term and when they are good enough to take the time to create many personal emails and have different usernames plus good grammar when they msg. Some of them will learn to get “known” then all they need is a few decent pictures and some nice guy to reply and in a month one guy Could nail 5 ppl on optic sales or high end gear and pull in 5k. Because he took 2 years of patience over greed...they will get this smart on this forum...no doubt they already are like this on other platforms. Matter of time now boys ...stay frosty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wilydawg

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this over on Monster Muley's. unfortunately he got one of the members before he got banned....

Hello Buddy, if you still in the market for the 22 Creedmoor brass, i have a uncle who is looking to downsize his shooting. Kindly got in touch with [email protected] to make inquiry if he still have it with him​

TX_Diver

WKR
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Seen it lots on other forums.

"What you want is available at a lower price" or some other generic message leading you to contact them.

Not sure. I used Friends/family sometimes since paypal won't cover half the stuff sold on this forum anyways.

Nicer optics I'll pony up the 3%, but brass, bullets, ammo, etc. are likely to not be covered and may end with a frozen paypal account.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I got scammed on eBay as a seller. It was a cheap item, they paid me via PayPal, then claimed to eBay that the item “wasn’t as described” and wanted a refund. I had already withdrawn the PayPal money they paid with. It was an as new item and exactly as described and pictured, they made a false claim.

They also refused to answer any of my emails to remedy the situation. Completely ghosted me. Would not agree to return the item, nothing. As a seller you are given a certain amount of time to fix the situation. I didn’t want a bad mark on my account so I refunded them and lost the item.

In that case I had to refund even though I had already withdrawn the money from PP
If youre a Nigerian prince, you could have kept the money and gotten a ding on your PayPal. That’s my point. If the money isn’t there PayPal can’t get it back unless the recipient of the money agrees to it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Names like Tyler25370183 scare me

Unless I have sold to someone before or seen them on here before your a scammer until proven otherwise haha they are getting better but they are still easy to figure out real quick...I’m just waiting till they start going into deep cover for long term and when they are good enough to take the time to create many personal emails and have different usernames plus good grammar when they msg. Some of them will learn to get “known” then all they need is a few decent pictures and some nice guy to reply and in a month one guy Could nail 5 ppl on optic sales or high end gear and pull in 5k. Because he took 2 years of patience over greed...they will get this smart on this forum...no doubt they already are like this on other platforms. Matter of time now boys ...stay frosty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol that’s nice..... sorry I’m not original it’s my name plus a number that was given to me in middle school

nednic

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this happen to me on a different forum, guy trying to sell me a NXS to cover “medical bills”. Just like above, he wanted to take the conversation off the forum and do email only.
When he sent the “pictures” I thought they looked familiar. Sure enough, a quick google search and I found an old FS add with the original photos. Dude just screen shot and cropped them from another add. 😂

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Them scammers will make lots of user names on lots of chat boards and just lay and wait. Make
few posts here and there.
Then try and drag you off to an E-mail that will miraculously have exactly what you need at a good price. Then you send your money off to Europe, Russia, or Africa.

When folks chase the IP it’s not a US IP.

When folks describe how to avoid them, they just adopt new methods.