WTS Fraud alert!!!

Usmcff

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Have received a couple pms on WTB ads.

look out for messages asking you to email a step father that is looking to get rid of items.....

Andrew j and Lanson101 are the members
Another one to possibly watch out for is Alex Stuark.

Attachments

• D753428D-E0D1-4176-B093-66D252B0E299.png
    D753428D-E0D1-4176-B093-66D252B0E299.png
    472 KB · Views: 149

Hovenator

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I too got hit up for a bogus sale by Alex Stuark. He said something like my uncles, cousins, brothers, friend has one to sell. It was very grammatically incorrect and included a number and email I should contact.......it was definitely a scam!

Maverick1

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This latest trend is kind of bothersome.

There is a certain item that I would like to purchase, which is no longer made, so really the only way to buy it would be to either find it in someone else’s WTS thread or post my own “WTB” thread. I’ve been avoiding the WTB route because I don’t want to deal with the BS that could come with a scammer.

Kind of annoying.

Jsmith410

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Basically any message that says, “ my (fill in blank) wants to downsize their shooting” is a no for me.

More than likely the same person or connected in some way with the messages having the same verbiage.

ericl33

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I deal with all these guys the exact same way. I just tell them to "suck a fart" and usually don't get a reply after that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ericl33

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's pretty easy to look at their join dates and posts to see if they deserve a "suck a fart"

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I’ve said “I have 6 years of feedback on here. You’re brand new. If you want to ship me the item I’ll send PayPal the day it arrives.” So far no takers from the scammers.

sndmn11

WKR
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I had a Nightforce scope I sold on here last month to someone with no feedback. I did some digging and called him at his work with the information I found before agreeing to the sale, everything worked out after that.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
sucks they ruin the WTB for others. I have had good luck using the WTB on here with no issues but will be very cautious going forward.

coacht84

FNG
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Same here. Pay close attention, they are easy to weed out. Still annoying though.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

freddyG

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if they seem legit, ask for a phone number, and call them. They can’t fake a legit accent. This is the only way I have found that weeds them out almost completely. They have even mastered the pictures with today’s newspaper next to it. Some of them have amazing photoshop skills.

Be careful out there, the scammers are thick.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SMH!!! I think it was a couple of years ago. One of my buddies was looking for a spotter. I happened to see one on the classifieds while grabbing lunch. I sent him a screenshot. He was interested.

I can’t remember if I responded on the thread or sent a PM with his phone number or email, but they worked a deal and he’s happy with the spotter. Smooth transaction.

Reading some of this thread, it sounds like any similar situation in the future will be more complicated.

it sucks that scumbags have to screw everything up

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I've messaged a bunch of people on here helping friends buy or sell things. It's easy enough to just ask for or give a phone number. Pretty hard to scam or get scammed that way too.

jmez

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't buy or sell for a friend on internet classifieds.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Be extremely careful with WTB ads. I recently got burned on another forum.

Member had been around for 6 months with a post count and feedback. His grammar was fine and he was very knowledgeable of the specific item I wanted. We talked and he wanted too much. A week later he messaged back accepting my original offer and that is how I let my guard down by letting my emotions into it.... this guy was definitely better than most but I still feel like an idiot.

Had I been more diligent I would have found his posts were mostly fluff and the feedback was from other new members.

Ask to call them. Use paypal G/S. Look closely at their forum history.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
New type I’ve not seen!!!

Don’t buy from Nrolson2002

I think the original account was hacked....post the last few hours are nothing like his entire history. Listed several super cheap items in the past couple hours and won’t talk in the phone and only wants PayPal ff or Bitcoin

No way this is the original guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk