Free Mountain Rambler promo at Kifaru

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
Hey, I went onto the Kifaru website today to order a new duplex frame and noticed they have activated a promo code rambler. With any $500 purchase you get a free Mountain Rambler pack. Pretty damn good deal!
cbb5472df5be7a255ed63dd13cf4d853.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well, that is pretty cool unless you just ordered a frame, bag, and an extra set of k clip compression straps three weeks ago. Totaling well over $500.

Jaysop

Lil-Rokslider
Yea I just spent 365 on an Antero last week and was about to order a frame in the next few days. Shit.

Yea I just spent 365 on an Antero last week and was about to order a frame in the next few days. Shit.

I would return it and reorder everything. Or call them and see if they will give you the rebate....My wife does that when she buys stuff then they do some huge unadvertised sale that will save her a bunch. I've seen her take the receipt in and ask for a refund of the difference between the price she paid and the rebated price. I bet they would do it if you called.

Jaysop

Lil-Rokslider
I'll call them tomorrow. My estimated ship date for the original order is Friday. I could live with a delay on shipping for that :)

Xforce41

FNG
I'd give them a call, they'd probably help you out assuming they still have some left to give away.
I emailed them with no luck.
They said the promo was only good from the 27th to the 29th.
Oh well...day late and a dollar short as usual.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jaysop

Lil-Rokslider
I called them to see if I could add to my original unprocessed order to get the Rambler and they let me do it. Gotta say, great company. I've been buying Kifaru for about 10 years now. Can't say I'll ever need to order from another company unless it's ultra light backpacking gear.

Tsnider

WKR
yeah they let me too. i put my order in friday, called today to add another 100 bucks on and they did it. maybe i put my original order in within the promo time so they let me.

rfgreenwell

Lil-Rokslider
I emailed them yesterday asking them if I could have one since I just received an order on Friday, bringing my total orders since January to about $3000 or more, but they answered, no, it was only a memorial day promotion to get $500 sales on the 27th - 29th. So I just emailed back, and said, no problem...

Me too. I asked for them to recommended options which would allow me to capitalize on this offer and, was told "No.". My order's were the first and second week of May. I was told the same days were all they were going to include. I felt sheepish for even asking but, I also felt like I owed it to myself to try. No hard feelings. It's just business. Be nice to see them offer it in the future once I have some money saved up again. With a heads up too. God Bless men

Xforce41

FNG
No doubt a great company.
Business is business.
I'll be ordering a frame and an EMR 2 in the very near future.
They said they still have plenty of EMR2 bags on hand.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

trom2k

FNG
Man, missed out on this. Saving up for a Nomad 2 and frame and don't have all the funds just yet. Would have liked to try the Rambler inside the Nomad. Real bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Griz34

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, I got pretty lucky. I had $600 saved up to get a frame, a woodsman pack and various pockets and a guide lid. I just happened to go onto the Kifaru site on Saturday and saw the promo. So now I got everything I wanted except the rambler instead of the woodsman for under $600. On top of that I was one of the winners of the gohunt.com March giveaway! So I've had a pretty good few months!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The.only complaint I have and, I'm basing it on info supplied here, is if someone had an order shipment date of June the 2nd and, called before it shipped, to increase their previous order to over the $500 range, it appears the three days they quoted everyone as the tImeline, didn't apply to everyone.

I can't say I'm a longtime Kifaru customer. As, I just bought into their products recently. But, it's my understanding it takes a couple weeks to get your orders. I was quoted 15 days on both my orders in the shipping invoice created by my order. So, it appears as the 27,28,and 29th were not the only days certain people could get the promotion.

It doesn't change my opinion of the product or the company. Top shelf all the way around. But, if everyone on this thread told the truth, the three days being used to determine promotion status, seems to be not as fixed in stone as it was being made to be

Last edited:
Man, missed out on this. Saving up for a Nomad 2 and frame and don't have all the funds just yet. Would have liked to try the Rambler inside the Nomad. Real bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't worry...with all these "free ramblers" around now I'm sure there will be some for sale soon.