Free Range Bison

2rocky

WKR
VERY NICE. Would you call the arrow setup the same or heavier than your Elk setup?

OP
rutfest

rutfest

FNG
I actually used the exact same set up. My arrow finished right at 490 g. And out of my AffliXtion I was getting 285 fps

Congrats X 10. "Buffalo Field Campaign" is this some play on PETA like people. Whole bushel basket of meat there, wow. Are those your partners or "sherpa's".Have to tell us how that there Buffalo tongue tastes. More pic would be fine as well:cool:

2rocky

WKR
I actually used the exact same set up. My arrow finished right at 490 g. And out of my AffliXtion I was getting 285 fps

That is good to hear. It worked for ya!

I've sworn that if I ever draw a Bison tag, I'll only do Archery. Glad to see my Elk setup will work.

OP
rutfest

rutfest

FNG
Here is a picture of one of the backstraps! To put into proportion my dad is holding it and he is 6'2"
P1000579_zps219ad25f.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!!! I love bison and thats one of my bucket list hunts. Im very happy for you ans jelouse as hell lol.
Thanks for posting the pis.
Steve

2ski

WKR
Congrats X 10. "Buffalo Field Campaign" is this some play on PETA like people. Whole bushel basket of meat there, wow. Are those your partners or "sherpa's".Have to tell us how that there Buffalo tongue tastes. More pic would be fine as well:cool:

Buffalo Field Campaign is a bunch of white guys with dreadlocks. Back when the "bison hunt" was the Fish and Game called you up when a bison left the Park, they would take you to the bison and let you shoot it. The BFC would come throw blood on people. I've heard an mysterious unknown benefactor pays for a cabin on Hebgen Lake for them to live in

Great job, truly a trophy of a lifetime. It is almost mind blowing thinking of Indians killing those huge animals with their hand crafted bows. Congrats

Lukem

WKR
That's awesome. Just talking 2 days ago how this is something I'd love to do. So very jealous!

littlebuf

Banned
pretty cool, not a lot of opertunitys for this any more. still its kinda funny seeing the heard in the background of the kill shot, those things are a bit more of a shoot than a hunt. make a great trophy though

OP
rutfest

rutfest

FNG
A little off topic, but how did the solid broadheads fair?
This is the second animal I have shot with the Solid Broadhead. To say that I am impressed would be an understatement. The edge they retain is incredible and they are extremely durable. I really don't see me changing for along time. There is some sticker shock but truly believe you get what you pay for!