Free Rifle

CJohnson

WKR
Say someone says, “Hey, you’ve been busting your butt at work for the past six months and I know you look forward to hunting season all year, so here’s $2000 to go get yourself a rifle and scope upgrade.”

What would you guys be looking at?

I hunt out west once or twice a year and spend the rest of the year hunting whitetails in SC. Not looking to get into long range shooting. I currently have a BAR in 7mm Rem Mag with a leupold VX-3 that was a hand me down from my grandfather. I’d like to get a rifle that’s a little easier to tote around but doesn’t kick like a mule.

Vandy321

WKR
I'll say it...

Tikka T3x CTR
Bushnell LRTS

Out the door under 2k with a fine package.

Tcole75

Lil-Rokslider
Savage 110 ultralight in 300 wsm or 6.5 prc. Top it off with a razor lht. It would put you slightly over the 2 grand mark but would be perfect. Plus if you ever did get into long range you would have the perfect set up

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
I would go with either a tikka, savage 110, or a new browning in 6.5 creedmor or 270.

for $2K you can get a pretty nice rifle and a pretty nice piece of glass to go with it. There are are ton of guns under $1k that will meet any of your needs leaving you with plent left over on a good 3-9 or 4-12 scope wchich will do anything you want it to do. I am a fan of the new Weatherby vanguards and the Savage rifles. they are great guns for the money. plenty of guys like Tikka's you will hear from them loudly. For calibers anything mentioned above will be good. You cannot go wrong with any of the common rounds that everyone loves to geek out over. even the 7mm-08 :)

here is one you could not go wrong with. love the good ole .270 will do anything.

Remington 700 in your flavor cartridge and somw good vortex glass, gotta love that unconditional lifetime warranty