Freezer Bag Cooking

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv got a dehydrator so alot of the ingredients i should be able to dehydrate mysllf id think.

I really want to try spaghetti, stroganoff, beef stew, some kind of mac n chesse. Lots of meat and lots of veggies is what i want to make.

OP
BuckSnort

BuckSnort

WKR
Lot's of good info in here, I appreciate it... I tried a FBC testrun here at home yesterday.. I bought a Knorr (formally Lipton) pasta side fetuccini ... I added some dry milk to it and reduced the water...It hydrated fine but the flavor was not good...I need to try some different brands and see what I like...

Hike&Hunt

FNG
With the excalibur most anything is on the table, keeping in mind that high fat/greasy foods wont keep very long. . A good chunk of what I pack in is from leftovers I threw in the dehydrator. For example pasta with hamburger and spag sauce or chili. A book I used when I started was lip smackn backpackn.

One of my favorites is my version of a smothered burrito in a zip lock bag. Dehydrate whole cooked beans, seasoned ( lean) hamburger, tomatoes, jalapenos, green chili sauce, combine in a zip lock, then pack in 1oz of cheese and a tortilla or two. boil water, add to the zip lock, let it sit 15 min, add torn up tortilla and cheese chunks, sit 5 min and eat.