fresh venison tomahawks

gunsmith89

made these up for the first time this weekend. I shot a yearling doe and couldn't resist trying it. I used a prime rib rub I got from old southern smokehouse in hayward, WI and smoked them at 180 degree until they hit 140 degrees. I then made a butter garlic gravy I dipped them in and they turned out absolutely perfect!

Attachments

Tod osier

made these up for the first time this weekend. I shot a yearling doe and couldn't resist trying it. I used a prime rib rub I got from old southern smokehouse in hayward, WI and smoked them at 180 degree until they hit 140 degrees. I then made a butter garlic gravy I dipped them in and they turned out absolutely perfect!
very nicely done. Beautiful.

Rob5589

Dude, literally made my mouth water. I have never seen anyone do the tomahawk cut with venison.

tdot

Venison Popsicles!! Its my favourite way to make our little sitka blacktails last a little longer.

Now I've never smoked them first. (Never smoked anything) But that looks amazing. Are they being cooked in the smoker? Or just smoked for flavour?

OP
gunsmith89

gunsmith89

Venison Popsicles!! Its my favourite way to make our little sitka blacktails last a little longer.

Now I've never smoked them first. (Never smoked anything) But that looks amazing. Are they being cooked in the smoker? Or just smoked for flavour?
they are cooked in the smoker.