Friendly reminder about not commenting on the price of items in classified.

Rich M

WKR
I rarely look at the classifieds. Mainly cause folks seem to think 10% off of new is a good used sell price for a twice-fallen on rifle w a bent barrel.

It is difficult not to call those guys out. So, i stay away and usually buy new. Ultimately costs the same and has some kind of warranty.

Like politics and religion, its a touchy topic…

All we can say is buyer beware.

I bite my tongue far too often when clothing is being sold above current sale prices with free shipping on the manufacturer website. Can’t really call that a deal but if people want to pay for used goods from a non secure entity for more than they can buy brand new on sale from the manufacturer, all I can do is shrug my shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I rarely look at the classifieds. Mainly cause folks seem to think 10% off of new is a good used sell price for a twice-fallen on rifle w a bent barrel.

It is difficult not to call those guys out. So, i stay away and usually buy new. Ultimately costs the same and has some kind of warranty.

Like politics and religion, its a touchy topic…

All we can say is buyer beware.
I get it but there’s been some bad behavior on both sides and inaccurate claims of where the item can be found at a better price.

What if it’s an amazing deal like the dude who sold the ironwills for $90 earlier?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's pretty clearly stated in the classified rules which of course you all agreed to read when you clicked the box for Rokslide membership.
cbbaa3ab8761f446683d6f1a523c73cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Rich M

WKR
I get it but there’s been some bad behavior on both sides and inaccurate claims of where the item can be found at a better price.
Fair enough.

A quick google and we know the going rate for new and possibly used.

Last one, i promise:

“I just got this great big gun and lousy but “brand name” scope, shot it very few times and am really scared of it, help me not lose any money on my impulse buy. I paid $1,000 for rifle, $50 for scope mounts, $200 for scope and $300 for ammo shot thru it. Willing to sell for $1500, i’ll eat the cost of 1 box of shot ammo and throw in the scope covers that came w the scope. Hurry, this won’t last long!”

I’m gotta stop here. I find it all very funny.

svivian

WKR
If you’re dumb enough to pay over fair asking price that’s on you. No one is asking anyone to police the classifieds on price. It’s an open market let it be that way no comments necessary. If you don’t like the price move on and buy it somewhere else.

Can’t believe people feel the need to call others out. It’s not yours they can sell it for however much they want.