Friendly reminder about not commenting on the price of items in classified.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep and that’s the right way. Bump it once in a while or say something like, I won’t be bumping but they’re available if they’re still on here.
Great point! If an add is months old some potential buyers might assume it’s gone.

Trial153

WKR
Agree, mind your own business or send a PM and have a personal conversation. Crapping on classified treads is bad form. If something is obviously amiss or a scam contact the mods. The mods and administration do a fantastic job here, we should be thankful and supportive.

cab7138efae7d0c47a835373f298e997.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I grew up poor too and I don't feel the need to play price police.

I have bought and sold on the internet for 15 years. Sometimes I need money and I list my items cheap to move them quick. Sometimes I dont need money and will list stuff at a higher price. The number one fallacy you can make is assuming because I have something for sale, I need money.

I have some scopes listed and they are higher than what you will see most go for. I dont need to sell them, they can sit on the shelf for 10 years and maybe I will use them. I put them up because if someone wants to pay me what I want for them, it is worth it to sell.
I don't play price police. Never have. I think some of you guys have read too deep into what I've written. All I have said is that prices sometimes annoy me but that I accept that isn't my business. I was being conversational; nothing more.

Jesus christ, some of you guys are just looking to lecture.

Grumman

WKR
Is there a policy on toes or feet in sale pics? I’ve seen some jacked up bare feet in classified pics. I’ve got a buddy with podophobia (fear of feet) so I always laugh when I see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
I don't play price police. Never have. I think some of you guys have read too deep into what I've written. All I have said is that prices sometimes annoy me but that I accept that isn't my business. I was being conversational; nothing more.

Jesus christ, some of you guys are just looking to lecture.
Just because someone replies back to you doesn't mean they are lecturing you. You are the one that takes it as lecturing.

slick

WKR
just an observation but it seems that only new folks have a problem with the classifieds..

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
2 serious questions. For those of you that feel such a sense of urgency to comment on a price you think is too high-Why do you want to comment?

2nd question--if you see someone has listed a price you truly feel is too low (say well below market value) do you feel the same sense of urgency to comment then?

If your logic for commenting on a perceived high price is you don't want to see someone pay too much or get taken advantage of, do you then have the same zeal to comment on a price that is too low-so the poster/seller doesn't get taken advantage of?

The reality is some of you that seem to have a desire to call someone out for a high price would be the first to jump on a "too low" price. Do you honorable intentions get shelved when a super low price comes along?

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
...and yes I am aware I asked more than 2 questions-the first 2 are serious questions-the others are rhetorical.
:)

CorbLand

WKR
2 serious questions. For those of you that feel such a sense of urgency to comment on a price you think is too high-Why do you want to comment?

2nd question--if you see someone has listed a price you truly feel is too low (say well below market value) do you feel the same sense of urgency to comment then?

If your logic for commenting on a perceived high price is you don't want to see someone pay too much or get taken advantage of, do you then have the same zeal to comment on a price that is too low-so the poster/seller doesn't get taken advantage of?

The reality is some of you that seem to have a desire to call someone out for a high price would be the first to jump on a "too low" price. Do you honorable intentions get shelved when a super low price comes along?
Wait are you suggesting that sometimes the needle on peoples moral compass can impacted by the level at which they will gain from the situation?

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like to think it is not prevalent here on Rokslide but…

I think many people would assume that the person is selling their used item with the knowledge of what they paid for it and it's condition.

Is that a moral compass thing or just a basic assumption? I guess an exception might be if it's a brand new gift thats being sold.