Friendly reminder (check your strings)

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
I have been going to the range almost every morning to get ready for the season and everything had been going great up until this morning. This last weekend I went scouting and took my bow, shot a little bit but not a ton. I had my bow in my case the whole time. Never thought of checking it after the trip (not smart and learning experience) this morning i shot 4 arrows. First 2, no issues but not as good as i was shooting. 3rd arrow same but felt funky.. i gave a quick once over and thought it must have been my form.. 4th arrow all h e double hockey sticks broke loose. Luckily it didn't completely dry fire as the arrow still skipped off the ground and hit the deer 30 yards away but still sucked.
Dont be like me... check your sting everytime! With all my hunts planned this year i would have been heart broken had my limbs been damaged

Attachments

• 20200720_090110.jpg
    20200720_090110.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 20200720_093631.jpg
    20200720_093631.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 66

Fjtoyman

FNG
Lucky your shooting Widow. They are almost indestructible.
Good reminder for everyone, unstring your bows and check the loops. That’s usually where they fail.

sneaky

"DADDY"
That an endless loop string?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
HunterHawk

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
That an endless loop string?

Not sure? Its a blackwidow string but it was an older string. I just had one older string as a backup so just ordered more. They are the fast flight strings.

sneaky

"DADDY"
No burrs in the string grooves?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Not sure? Its a blackwidow string but it was an older string. I just had one older string as a backup so just ordered more. They are the fast flight strings.
Served on both ends? If so it's an endless loop string, and not twisted up like a Flemish.

OP
HunterHawk

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
After looking closer this looks like it snapped under the serving so I may not have seen it. This string was an oldet string but ALMOST always checked it before i shot and kept it waxed.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I can't tell crap looking at it on my phone. Did it snap near the center serving?

LostArra

WKR
Everyone who shoots a traditional bow should learn how to make a string. Flemish or endless, your choice. I'm a flemish guy and it's easy after you see it done.

Once you know how to make your own, you will replace them more often. Breaking under the serving gives no warning and is hard to predict but just replacing the string every year or so would eliminate that risk.

I always carry at least one extra "shot-in" string in my pack.

I'm curious. Do you (Hunter Hawk) have pretty tight nock fit with your arrows?