Friends, Firsts and Fun in Wyoming

Fordguy

WKR
Congrats! Nice bucks. This year was my second (last year was a weather related fiasco) attempt in the draw, put in for a buck and a doe, struck out. My girlfriend however drew both her tags. Lol.

Last edited:

CullenMS

FNG
Great write-up! Diving into all things Antelope on the forums as I prepare to hopefully head out to WY for my first every pronghorn hunt this fall. I hope to have half the experience you depicted w/ your words and photos. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome write-up and pics! I'd like to maybe make an antelope trip before I try for elk.

I don't wanna ask too many questions, but do you mind divulging what quadrant or general area of the state you put in for? I've that there are more critters in the central and southwestern area of the state, but I've also read that putting in for the eastern half is a better odds draw and that you can still get on them on the smaller chunks of public available. Just trying to whittle down the 108 zones I'm seeing on the DCNR website. I'm like y'all and will probably put in for both sexes and not be super picky once I actually have a gun in my hand and a buck in front of me.

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
Man you had a much different experience than I did on my first trip to Wyoming. Congratulations, that sounds awesome!

OP
Huntinaz

Huntinaz

Lil-Rokslider
jIznkF5.jpg
Since this thread is still alive. My brother is actually here tonight and we are toasting this hunt with beer we purchased in Moab on the way to Wyoming:

Attachments

• 112B768E-2F74-4587-8B06-FBB635581CC5.jpeg
    112B768E-2F74-4587-8B06-FBB635581CC5.jpeg
    403.2 KB · Views: 8

rharbaugh

WKR
Great story and thank you for sharing. I hope to find similar success on my first pronghorn hunt his fall.

Viper

FNG
Great writeup! Really enjoyed the read. I too live in AZ and am planning to put in for my 1st WY antelope hunt with my brother who lives in IN. Another friend mentioned Lander. There seems to be a few units around Lander. Not sure if you care to mention/PM what unit you hunted? Can the nearby units be drawn with 5 pref points? There is a lot of information to digest...it's a bit overwhelming.