From FNG in SC to FNG in CO

jakee25

FNG
I made a FNG post a while back when I had some more SC related questions. Well, I just moved to Castle Rock, CO about a month ago with the high hopes of doing some backpacking and hunting. I've only ever hunted whitetail and pigs, so I know exactly zero about hunting out here. I want to get involved in it all: elk, mule deer, antelope, sheep, lions, wolves, coyotes, moose, and even some fishing would be cool too. I'm fully expecting to take the next year to get somewhat up to speed with the hopes of going on my first hunt next year (even if its just to help a new friend pack out some meat). The licensing and gmu system is super confusing to me, so I will be reading as many resources as possible about regulations and hunting strategy as I can get ahold of. I'm hoping this site can get me both informed and hopefully connected to someone with the same ambitions.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.....again. :)

Eddie