From north of the 49th

Manosteel

WKR
Thought I would introduce myself. I am lucky to be from Alberta, Canada where I have the opportunity to hunt pretty much every big game species in North America. I come from a hunting family and have been harvesting game as far back as I can remember. Started bow hunting about 20 years ago on and off and for the last 4 years almost exclusively bow hunting. When I was young backpack hunting from the cabin was how we did it and recently I found my passion for backcountry hunting once again, where atv's are not allowed to go or can't. My dad can't Believe all the gear and gadgets ( as he calls them) that I have today to get into the back country but I couldn't imagine hunting with the stuff we used to use when I was a kid. I love trying out new gear and hearing about new gear so I think I stumbled onto the right forum.

Cheers

Bigfeet

Lil-Rokslider
There's a few of us Canadians - even Albertans - on this forum. Just joined myself, after lurking here for a while. Great info on this site, especially for those of us who like to get away from the roads, etc. and hunt with stick and string.

OP
Manosteel

Manosteel

WKR
Thanks for the welcome. Once I figure out how to post pics and get some time I will post my 2012 hunting season. It was a good one but unfortunately no mulies this year. I was supposed to get out with my brother who lives in the Peace River Country this year (know for big mulies) but work, kids, life... just got in the way. But elk, moose and whitetail have been my families main course for supper since the fall :)

OP
Manosteel

Manosteel

WKR
I think I figured out how to post pics. Here are are couple teaser pics from my 2012 hunting season;

A sattelite bull I interrupted while he was in the middle of steeling two cows from a heard bull I had been chasing all morining.

IMG_0341.jpg

A Couple of views of where we were hunting and our camp,

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0286-1.jpg

SAM_0342.jpg

Thats all for now.

Cheers

crazy_davey

Lil-Rokslider
Nice to see other Western Canadians here! You will notice quickly that Rokslide is a nice change over a few of the local boards we have and the crap that goes with them. I hope it stays that way!