Front and rear support options

180ls1

WKR
I am looking at trying to extend my shooting range in field. I *think* I have narrowed it down to a KDC bipod for the front and a bipod buddy for the rear. I am unsure of what sizes to use though. Should I go with the 13" KDC for the front and the little buddy (3-6.75") on the rear? Should I get the taller options? I am a little unsure here and I am open to other products as well if there is a better system to use that is still on the lighter/packable side.

rear support.PNGKDC.PNG

I have not used those rear supports and don't claim to be proficient enough at long range to offer advice but it will be easier to use items you have like your pack or puffy to replace the lil buddy compared to the big buddy.

eamyrick

WKR
I know you mentioned bipods but I really like Phoenix shooting bags. I have found bags to be more handy than bipods in the field and they are generally lighter for backpacking. I use the medium ridge runner and JBD bag. I can go from 4 inches to 14 inches in no time.

1604708031870.jpeg

OP
180ls1

180ls1

WKR
I know you mentioned bipods but I really like Phoenix shooting bags. I have found bags to be more handy than bipods in the field and they are generally lighter for backpacking. I use the medium ridge runner and JBD bag. I can go from 4 inches to 14 inches in no time.

Thanks for the reply. How have you found them more handy?

2mas

FNG

View attachment 230326
Is the bag stable on the 14" side?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

eamyrick

WKR
Thanks for the reply. How have you found them more handy?
While carrying a sling rifle with bipod it always seemed to dig in my shoulder or neck and makes shooting offhand less than ideal. The bags aren’t noisy on rocks and can be used on uneven surface without adjustment. You can throw a bag in a small tree etc. I can use the rear for an inch of support or the full volume of the bag. Bags also work much better in stands.

eamyrick

WKR
Is the bag stable on the 14" side?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
The more you tighten the bag the less the rifle settles in so stacking two bags or using the bag 3/4 compressed is ideal thought full compressed is fine for shorter shots.

2mas

FNG
The more you tighten the bag the less the rifle settles in so stacking two bags or using the bag 3/4 compressed is ideal thought full compressed is fine for shorter shots.
Have you ever felt the need for a rear bag? Do you carry the bag outside of your pack?

Medusa7MM

WKR
Could also check out Short Action Precision. They have some nice shooting bags that are put together well and work.