Front Arrow Weight

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
I've searched out for answers and products to this issue and havent come across any.

Reluctantly, I have built my 250 spine arrows I'm using for this season. I'm focusing on an elk setup primarily but didnt even think about the two mule deer tags. I dont really want to shoot (and possibly lose) my more expensive (elk) broadheads at a doe this weekend. Problem is, those heads are 100g heavier than the other heads I have.
I want to be able to add back the 100g to the existing arrows I have built and put a 100g head with it but I'm not finding any product to do that to an arrow with inserts installed.
Is there anything out there I can do that with?

Three options have come to mind to remedy this so far.

1. Retune my bow to a new arrow setup just to retune it back. This would be a PITA going back and forth from tag to tag.
2. Buy inserts for a few THREE HUNDRED spine arrows I have to achieve the existing 550g TWO HUNDRED-FIFTY spine arrow weight

3. Getting creative. Weight out 100g (or closest to 100g) washers to screw the 100g broadhead through and into the arrow.

Am I missing an obvious solution?

The fact weights will screw into the back of your standard insert. Need two 50 gr per arrow and the only tool. You pull your nock and thread them in with a long Allen wrench.

OP
SlickStickSlinger

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
Welp. Scheels had 50g weights. There is a Scheels about 2 hours from here I'm hoping they ship from. Or somewhere relatively near here to get here Thursday morning. It's a long shot but may as well try.
If they don't make it I'll have a stack of washers weighed out. Just in case.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

OP
SlickStickSlinger

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
Make sure you order the installation tool as well.

Ye sir. It's on it's way.
I ordered these also as a backup. I'll fletch the 300s and hold off on installing the insert until I know the hits will be here. If they dont come I'll put these on before I glue in the insert.

As long as these fit the HIT threads I can glue them with the HITs to make 75 grain HITs and tinker with FOC on my arrows more. My current setup is sitting on 17% as it is. . .

BTW, I avoid shopping amazon at all costs. If I'm in a rush I'll do it but other than that I do everything I can to avoid supporting "that" country

Last edited:
OP
SlickStickSlinger

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
I found these.
Isnt the hunter xt ID .246? I found HIT weights for .204, .246 and .166

Sounds like you already have a solution in the works, but I have ten 50 gr FACT weights collecting dust in my garage in a bin of random archery supplies. I could mail them out tomorrow morning if you're interested. You'd still need an extra long hex wrench for installation though. If you've got a welder at your disposal, you can make your own wrench from a 3' piece of 3/16" steel rod and a 9/64" hex key (like I did because I'm a cheapskate).
IMG_20200727_221132136_HDR.jpg

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I would just get new BH's to shoot the deer with and save your expensive elk BH's for elk. That way you keep everything the same for consistency.

OP
SlickStickSlinger

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
I would just get new BH's to shoot the deer with and save your expensive elk BH's for elk. That way you keep everything the same for consistency.

I've been looking for cheaper 200g broadheads that seem reliable.

Have any suggestions?

OP
SlickStickSlinger

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
If its an expensive head....those are reusable right?
Absolutely. I should even be able to re sharpen it if need be. Thing is I for sure need it middle of August and dont want to take any chances of something happening to not allow me to use them that is out of my control.

I picked up a bunch of hypodermic on sale for $15 last year. I am far less concerned with them.

Is $70 expensive?

Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR
I've been looking for cheaper 200g broadheads that seem reliable.

Have any suggestions?
This sounds like a circus.
I can't think of any reason broadheads for elk can't be used for deer.

OP
SlickStickSlinger

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
This sounds like a circus.
I can't think of any reason broadheads for elk can't be used for deer.

So if I damage or lose my cut throats should I rely on my mechanicals for elk?

That is the risk I am trying to minimize. I dont have extra cut throats for elk

I am also spending less than the cheaper suggested broadhead and it opens doors to play with arrow weight down the road.
Im happy with the outcome of this and everyone's help.
Thanks you guys

Last edited: