Front country rifle Mule deer

Wapiti1

WKR
Get a rollup game sled with a harness or strap to connect to your pack hip belt. They don't weigh much and are money for dragging a whole deer out.

Great hunt. Stay well.

Jeremy

daltonimus

FNG
Classified Approved
Spent the entire day out today. Started with 5 does, and then 6 more in the glass. Couldn’t grow antlers on any of them. It snowed a bit last night so I did some still hunting and followed tracks. I ended up not finding the culprits.

I changed locations, and saw about another dozen does and fawns braving the wind. I just couldn’t find anything with antlers. After I was sure that there were no bucks hiding with the ladies, I hopped into the truck to try another location.

En route to my next spot, I saw a truck stopped in the road adjacent to some private property. As I rolled by, I filmed them get out and poach a deer. They violated multiple game laws, in broad daylight. The property was clearly posted, they were shooting from the road, not wearing blaze orange. I spent the next hour waiting for the game warden to pass along my video and photos.

I was hoping for some good karma this evening, but no more deer spotted not harmed by me. Headed back to camp I watched 3 bucks and 5 does in some ranchers yard. The bucks were definitely showing rut behavior, curling lips, licking lady parts, etc. I’ve got high hopes for tomorrow. I keep finding does, the bucks shouldn’t be far.
Good updates!

Great story. I especially like the quips about “Boom & Crockpot” and “ people are like visa“. I’m glad you passed on the fork horns, I never feel bad about passing on a fork horn. I’ve gotten to the point where it feels as good to let one go as to take one. Especially a little guy. Don’t get me wrong, a set of big antlers still gets the blood pumping big time. Oh and the pics of the buck with a pack on his head? Hahahaha!!

Jared

FNG
Sitting on a hill watching a group of 10 does and fawns, I figured it might be fun to share today’s events so far.

I am “self isolating “in my camper and doing day hunt forays from there. I have a “presumptive”case of COVID-19.

I walked in this morning at first light and found 4 does and a 3x3 buck. I may regret it, but I let him walk. Here is a picture of him and a doe skylined. View attachment 230501
Sweet capture 🇺🇸‼️