Front fiber optic sight for .36 dovetail

So I have a cva big bore mountain rifle in 54 with a front 0.36 dovetail. Does anybody make a front fiber optic sight for that dovetail or do I just need to file down a 3/8 dovetail sight?

thought about a Lyman globe with a euro (.36) cut, but worried it would suck in low light.

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
Here’s one, Marbles makes the .360 Euro Dovetail front sights as well

The Lyman 17 Series Globes are AWESOME on Targets, I have them on Several of my Muzzleloaders, But they do SUCK in low light, Probably the Worst option out there for a Hunting Sight in my opinion.

OP
Conrad101st
Lewis:

Good input. I suspect it’s not too hard to use a triangle file to shave off some material of a 3/8 (.375) insert to drop it to .36.

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
Lewis:

Good input. I suspect it’s not too hard to use a triangle file to shave off some material of a 3/8 (.375) insert to drop it to .36.

It’s an easy Task 👍 I have opened .360 Euro Dovetails on Barrels to 3/8” and Taken 3/8 Sights down to .360, They make an actual 3 Corner Dovetail File With “Safe Side” And since it’s For Gunsmithing they are RIDICULOUSLY Expensive (Like 40 bucks for a little File) I made my own, You can make the Same thing yourself Cheap. Simply buy a Small 6” 3 Corner File such as a Nicholson (Good Brand) Take 1 side of it to Sanding Disc, Like a Bench top Belt Sander with the Solid Disc Wheel, Use the Solid Disc Wheel since it’s a Flat solid surface, Sand the File Cutting surface off 1 Side Only, making it slick/smooth, You now have a ”Safe side” File, This allows the File to Slide back n forth on the Portion you DON’T Want to Cut. Simple process 👍