Front pants pocket holster is where it's at.

bally

Banned
if you smell a rat, you put your hand in your pocket, on the gun. From there, the draw and hit can be fast enough to beat a man holding a gun on you, if you know to sidestep as you draw. Nobody pays any attention to the fact that you have your hand in your pocket. In bad weather, I simply 'palm" rig and all, to and from the coat pocket, where Velro keeps it in one position. In bad weather, a belt rig requires you to 'clear" TWO outer garments before you can draw.

This rig is also out of the way of a pack, its harness and the rifle (either slung or in your hands). The pocket 9's weigh less than a lb. The 45 gr bullets mean that the 7 rd load adds less than 2 ozs, so the loaded gun weighs no more than an alloy chief .38, with boot grips and 158 gr ammo in it. It's also smaller than the .38, more powerful, lays a lot flatter in your pocket, and it's more controlable in rapidfire. It's not something you can practice with much, unless you use what amounts to 380 type 9mm reloads. I do so, but I also practice with the 9mm alloy commander with .22lr conversion unit and the airsoft. i've got literally a million draws and 200k rds fired thru cocked and locked SA autopistols, so not much live practice is required, for practical stuff Ie, sub 5m).

I love pocket holsters for everyday carry, but humping 60lbs at 10K I don't want any thing in my pockets, not even the side (cargo pockets). Holster on the belt for me....

But yes I'm another perplexed by the randomness.

boom

WKR
I feel the same way. There is no way my G20 is going to fit in my front pocket comfortably. It's pretty comfortable and accessible on my hip though.

not me..i carry my G21SF..literally carry it. full time..i carry it in my hands and enter every building like SWAT storming a crack house..i yell CLEAR until i move into the next room :D my Barista never charges me for coffee..weird.

holsters are all just to slow.

(we should assign green text to illustrate extreme sarcasm.)

if you smell a rat, you put your hand in your pocket, on the gun. From there, the draw and hit can be fast enough to beat a man holding a gun on you, if you know to sidestep as you draw. Nobody pays any attention to the fact that you have your hand in your pocket. In bad weather, I simply 'palm" rig and all, to and from the coat pocket, where Velro keeps it in one position. In bad weather, a belt rig requires you to 'clear" TWO outer garments before you can draw.

This rig is also out of the way of a pack, its harness and the rifle (either slung or in your hands). The pocket 9's weigh less than a lb. The 45 gr bullets mean that the 7 rd load adds less than 2 ozs, so the loaded gun weighs no more than an alloy chief .38, with boot grips and 158 gr ammo in it. It's also smaller than the .38, more powerful, lays a lot flatter in your pocket, and it's more controlable in rapidfire. It's not something you can practice with much, unless you use what amounts to 380 type 9mm reloads. I do so, but I also practice with the 9mm alloy commander with .22lr conversion unit and the airsoft. i've got literally a million draws and 200k rds fired thru cocked and locked SA autopistols, so not much live practice is required, for practical stuff Ie, sub 5m).

Wow.

No

Gr8bawana

WKR
Yup sidestep as you draw and you'll be safe...unless the bad guy knows how to curve the bullet.:rolleyes:

In bad weather that relates to what Rokslide mostly about (hunting) I normally have on an Outback Duster and Filson Tin cloth Chaps that both make getting to the front pocket pretty difficult.
This rig is also out of the way of a pack, its harness and the rifle (either slung or in your hands).
Many of the packs that I and members on here use have padding on the straps coming around our hips that inhibit the access to front pockets.
The pocket 9's weigh less than a lb. The 45 gr bullets mean that the 7 rd load adds less than 2 ozs, so the loaded gun weighs no more than an alloy chief .38, with boot grips and 158 gr ammo in it. It's also smaller than the .38, more powerful, lays a lot flatter in your pocket, and it's more controlable in rapidfire.
Most of the guys on here want some amount of power than a hot loaded 9mm can deliver. If you want to compare the popular carry options then you need to be comparing the power of a hot loaded 9mm to a 44 mag in guns like a S&W 69 or 329PD
I'm sure your all sorts of tacticool but your idea of one carry option for all situations is pretty dumb. I don't know one avid hunter or hiker that would choose to pocket carry for one very simple reason, none choose to inhibit ventilation to an area of the body that becomes hot and sweaty with fairly minimal physical exertion.