Frozen hands

I would like to not get frostbite hands mixing up my sausage. I could get a mixer but would rather not have another piece of equipment to store.

Anyone use insulated rubber gloves? If you do post up a link to them.

PNWGATOR

WKR
We use inexpensive, relatively thin rag wool type gloves under the largest nitrile gloves we can find. We’ll go through a half dozen pairs each of the nitriles in a meat making session getting out of the dirty ones, putting on clean ones for changeovers on the equipment, packaging or hanging sausages in the smoker etc. The lightweight gloves stay clean and hands mostly warm most of the time. It’s what we’ve found to work for us.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I used to use elbow high black rubber gloves. I think they are made for handling chemicals. They are pretty thick and lasted a long time. Kept my hands warm the whole time mixing meat then I would clean them with bleach water after use. I have since purchased a meat mixer and would recommend one highly. Well worth the money and finding a place to store it.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Neoprene gloves do a decent job keeping hands warm. They take some effort to get all the blood out, so they’re a bummer for gutting, but might be good for what you’re doing.

muddydogs

WKR
I found that these these work great. They are kind of slick if trying to handle stuff but the slickness helps with cleaning the meat slime off of them. I have no problem mixing a 60 pound batch of meat up without my hands getting cold.

OP
MuleyFever
I found that these these work great. They are kind of slick if trying to handle stuff but the slickness helps with cleaning the meat slime off of them. I have no problem mixing a 60 pound batch of meat up without my hands getting cold.

Thanks

I wear cotton gloves under “Thickster” brand nitriles when butchering and mixing meat. Seems to work pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use a liner type glove with a 5 mil Nitrile glove (one size up) over it. We often tape the Nitrile glove around our wrists.

Murdy

WKR
I've worked in a couple sausage kitchens. We used to keep a bowl of warm water near our work stations to dunk our hands in and warm them up. They're already wet and slimy anyway from the meat, might as well be warm.