Frozen Premade Burgers Tips or Tricks?

I have been searching online and haven't found a way yet (maybe it's not possible). I want to make my own frozen elk burger patties. It seems like people just use some parchment paper to separate them out and then throws them in a ziploc. I would like to vac seal them but with semi-frozen meat I'm assuming they will become more of 1 burger with paper mixed in.

Has anyone used a vac sealer? I was thinking I could grind my elk semi-frozen, add spices and make burger patties, freeze them on a tray for a few hours and then vac seal with paper between them. Does this seem logical?

Last question is grilling anyone just throw them on the grill partially frozen?

Any tips or tricks is greatly appreciated.

~Montana Craig

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Pro953

WKR
For the vac seal. Freeze the patty and then put them in the vac bag and seal.

With lean elk meat I personally would not cook from frozen just for quality, but YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarence

WKR
Agree 100% with Pro. Cooking frozen burgers never produces as nice of a finished product. They steam, instead of sear. By the time you can get them crispy, they are overdone hockey pucks. I prefer to thaw a pack of burger, mix in seasoning, make patties and throw them directly on the grill. Takes some planning to thaw the meat, but finished product is beautiful. You could try some pre-made patties to experiment, and see what you prefer.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

OP
M
Ok thanks guys we are trying to pre make them for the wedding rehearsal dinner to reduce the amount of work needing to be done that day. We ended up making burger patties seasoning, and freezing them on trays. Once frozen solid vac sealing. The way we sealed them they should be fine thawing and not becoming one pattie.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

When I worked in the butcher shop we used to stuff burger in big bags. Not sure if they were 5 or 10lbs, but they were like a 4 inch diameter. Once the tubes were frozen, we just cut them half inch or so with the meat saw into patties and paper wrapped them with wax paper in between still frozen. Worked great and no one ever complained.

pharmdeez

FNG
I use a burger press and freeze four quarter pound patties to a pack. I do parchment paper in between two patties and put two stacks of doubled patties side by side. Keeping the pack thin allows them to thaw more quickly.