FS: Athlon Cronus 12-36x50mm spotting scope

propulsionclimbing

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have a LNIB Athlon Cronus 12-36x50mm spotting scope for sale. I bought this a number of months ago and had it out on the porch one time to see how it compared to the Vortex Razor 11-33x50mm. This is a pretty impressive little spotter. It is more compact than the Vortex, and I think the glass is very comparable. This came as no surprise as both of these scopes are manufactured in the same Japanese facility and probably use very similar if not identical optics. I also like the eyepiece much better on the Cronus as it is a better quality twist out eyepiece vs the roll-out eyepiece on the razor.

Overall, I was very impressed with this spotter and think it is superior to the Vortex for ergonomics and its more compact nature. However, I am going to just stick to my 65mm spotting scope. I was looking for ways to trim some weight off the pack with either the Athlon or Vortex, but decided to just pack the extra weight. If you are looking for an ultralight spotting scope, I think the Cronus would be hard to beat.

As such, I am letting this go for a great deal at $500 shipped to your door. It comes in the original box with all accessories including a nice little protective case.

IMG_1699_zpsv0ubsx0w.jpg

IMG_1700_zpseo7gap6l.jpg

IMG_1701_zpseznmhl1n.jpg

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can u post pics of the eyepiece glass and objective glass pls :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P

propulsionclimbing

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Can u post pics of the eyepiece glass and objective glass pls :)

I can take pics of the glass if you like; however, it wouldn't show anything even if there were scratches - at least from my experience with trying to photograph glass. Rest assured, this is a like new scope with pristine glass. If the buyer found something that I didn't describe or note, I would be willing to offer a refund.

Bowtech1

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If anyone is eyeing this scope but is unsure about it due to very few reviews on this scope, I highly recommend it. Great scope he's got for sale here for a good price.

backcountryguy

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bump for great optics. I personally own a razor 65mm and set it next to my buddies athlon while looking at elk and I couldn't believe the clarity. It is as good as vortex in my opinion. Great price for great glass and that's unbiased considering I'm running vortex ha

aeasley10

WKR
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What kind of warranty do they have as compared to Vortex?