Fuel prices to come down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super tag

WKR
Actually, nobody got to me, you are in complete denial if you think this administration isn’t out to destroy this country and your freedoms.
I don’t watch TV, I don’t need to, the evidence of destruction is everywhere, all around you.

Last edited:
More people on the road than ever? Not a chance. More people working from home than ever, yes.

Look around and find how many jobs are now remote or at least partially remote. Traffic is maybe 60% of what it was. Maybe. It may be that the people that are required to drive for a living have to be on the road more than before, but not that more people are driving than ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crazy thought. . . If I can work remotely, maybe I'll travel the country (driving more) and work from anywhere with an internet connection!

Several things at play here and I'll try to touch on most of them.

#1. Back when the Saudis decided to cut oil price and pump max amounts they did it in order to hurt everyone that invested in the shale oil boom. They did a hell of a job. They made fracking in ND a losing proposition overnight (for drilling new wells) many publicly traded companies got caught and loss their pants as they were pouring cash into developing more wells. Those that survived the fallout saw their share holders demand profits be shared back and not poured into increased production. This carried forward, was reinforced by the pandemic and is ongoing. Most expansion of capacity is occuring in smaller, privately held companies. This slowed production.

2. Our refining capacity sucks. . . And over the course of COVID some smaller refineries went under, further reducing capacity. Couple that with the ungodly amount of red tape required to build a new refinery and big oil is happy to sell at a higher price to maintain profits vs increasing capacity to obtain those profits.

3. Supply chain and workforce limitations are harming refineries just as much as anywhere else!

4. We forced an artificial recession destroying demand and shutting down refineries and oil production making gas artificially low priced, then we handed out cash like a drunken sailor at at topless bar and filled up checking accounts of people that didn't "need" the money. . . Then bam we turned the economy back on and said go have fun! Demand jumped way faster than supply could handle and fuel prices shot up!

All this to say any president would have seen a huge jump in gas prices for all of the above reasons.

Now throw on top of that an anti fossil fuel agenda, canceling a pipeline, boycotting Russian oil, so on and so forth and it's really not hard to see a $5 national average in the near future!

So to be accurate, it's no "ALL" Bidens fault. He just decided instead of a plane ride we were gonna take a rocket ship to the moon!!!

Laramie

WKR
Crazy thought. . . If I can work remotely, maybe I'll travel the country (driving more) and work from anywhere with an internet connection!

Several things at play here and I'll try to touch on most of them.

#1. Back when the Saudis decided to cut oil price and pump max amounts they did it in order to hurt everyone that invested in the shale oil boom. They did a hell of a job. They made fracking in ND a losing proposition overnight (for drilling new wells) many publicly traded companies got caught and loss their pants as they were pouring cash into developing more wells. Those that survived the fallout saw their share holders demand profits be shared back and not poured into increased production. This carried forward, was reinforced by the pandemic and is ongoing. Most expansion of capacity is occuring in smaller, privately held companies. This slowed production.

2. Our refining capacity sucks. . . And over the course of COVID some smaller refineries went under, further reducing capacity. Couple that with the ungodly amount of red tape required to build a new refinery and big oil is happy to sell at a higher price to maintain profits vs increasing capacity to obtain those profits.

3. Supply chain and workforce limitations are harming refineries just as much as anywhere else!

4. We forced an artificial recession destroying demand and shutting down refineries and oil production making gas artificially low priced, then we handed out cash like a drunken sailor at at topless bar and filled up checking accounts of people that didn't "need" the money. . . Then bam we turned the economy back on and said go have fun! Demand jumped way faster than supply could handle and fuel prices shot up!

All this to say any president would have seen a huge jump in gas prices for all of the above reasons.

Now throw on top of that an anti fossil fuel agenda, canceling a pipeline, boycotting Russian oil, so on and so forth and it's really not hard to see a $5 national average in the near future!

So to be accurate, it's no "ALL" Bidens fault. He just decided instead of a plane ride we were gonna take a rocket ship to the moon!!!
Appreciate the well thought out post. People on both sides seldom take the time to look into the details. While I personally don't care for Trumps personality, I have no doubt our country would be in a much better financial position if he were still the president.

Lol pathetic. Your brain is about where 90% of the country is at. Washed and useless.
And here I thought personal attacks were against forum rules.

Super Tag, do you forget where the economy and fuel prices were at the end of Bush 2's administration? I don't.

Adjusted for inflation, we've still not seen the highest fuel prices ever. Those were under a republican administration. Followed by the great recession, under a republican administration.

Hell, I voted for that guy both times! LOL

And here I thought personal attacks were against forum rules.

Super Tag, do you forget where the economy and fuel prices were at the end of Bush 2's administration? I don't.

Adjusted for inflation, we've still not seen the highest fuel prices ever. Those were under a republican administration. Followed by the great recession, under a republican administration.

Hell, I voted for that guy both times! LOL
Nobody likes Bush, Republicans hate him even more than the D's.

Yesterday I voted in our PA primary. When walked past the democrat table/booth set up, I told those that were standiogn there, they should beg forgiveness from everyone that walks by for the abject failures they have created. They were not pleased.
And felt so proud of yourself you had to share. Great work 🤣

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider
I’m glad we have wyoMo and misplacedtexan here to set the record straight.
We need some more fake intellect to explain to the simpletons what’s really going on in America.
More trained attack dogs working for the gov for free, and they don’t even know it.
Are your flash cards from lib-U laminated?

Don’t worry guys(is it okay to say that anymore),
You too will own nothing and be happy.
Ps
Sorry for whatever shit upbringing you had.

We need some more fake intellect to explain to the simpletons what’s really going on in America.
More trained attack dogs working for the gov for free, and they don’t even know it.

Ps
Can’t say Guys anymore. It is they or them, just in case they have made the change or are unsure. Don’t want to offend.

VAMountainHunter

Lil-Rokslider
How smart does one need to be to see we went from energy independence ( for the first time in years) to begging OPEC for oil. Inflation is a new record and the list goes on and on. And you just think all these are magical events that no one caused or had any control over ! SMH.....

Looking at your posts here I'm gonna go ahead and say you don't speak for actual Republicans. lol
Never would claim to. Like many "actual republicans" I became and independent because of the disgrace that was nominated to run in 16 by the extremist wing. So no, I don't presume to speak for people who call themselves "republicans" these days.

How smart does one need to be to see we went from energy independence ( for the first time in years) to begging OPEC for oil. Inflation is a new record and the list goes on and on. And you just think all these are magical events that no one caused or had any control over ! SMH.....
You thought we had reached energy independence? Why would you think that?

Ps
the mods must have lifted the ban on personal attacks here. I didn't get the memo.

Status
Not open for further replies.