Fulcrum vs Ma deuce

LionHead

WKR
The Fulcrum fixed the EMR2 strap issue as far as buckling and unbuckling every time.

Oh nice!

I definitely like the center zip for loading/unloading. I'll have to take a second look at the fulcrum, because of what you described.

This post is definitely not gonna help me sell my EMR lol

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

zacattack

WKR
Oh nice!

I definitely like the center zip for loading/unloading. I'll have to take a second look at the fulcrum, because of what you described.

This post is definitely not gonna help me sell my EMR lol

i don’t have a fulcrum but so far I’ve been impressed with the layout of my ma deuce. I keep seeing that a lot of people are worried about it in day mode and I can say that it works pretty well. Whencinched down you can still access all the top and inner pockets for storage. It’s also huge, I could probably use it for an emergency shelter in a pinch.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's a video I did back in '17 when it came out. This is for collapsed mode.. I didn't refresh myself on the video but pretty sure I still run it the same. Using the Native as a lid/final approach bag then putting it in between the wings is a good day system also.

Outlaw99

WKR
Jordan, it’s hard to tell from your pics, but are u just running your pistol in a kydex sheath tucked in behind your belt pouch?

ztrusky

FNG
I have the fulcrum without the meat shelf. I love the pack, it's very spacious and great for extended hunts. It does compress down but it's a but bulky for day hunts. Packing meat I just strap the game bag between the long exterior pockets. It works best when the bag is empty. I think the Stryker cargo panel with pockets and a waterproof bag for camp would be a sweet setup for backpack hunting.

RhinoKel

FNG
Not to hijack the thread but as an aside - I was looking at both of those packs and ended up going with the fulcrum, and managed to pick one up second hand. Currently looking for a suitable frame and accessories; I'd like to keep my cooking gear on the outside (not in the main comparyment) for conveniance but I'm a little wary of the placement of the molle webbing. Does anyone have any experience/advice regarding having pouches attached down so low on the fulcrum and whether it was practical or cantilevered the load too much?

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
I had a DT2 and the strappyness drove me nuts. Especially having 6 to 8 buckles/straps to undo if carrying a weapon on back just to get something out. The Ma Duece solves all that and s fine in day mode unless you are only looking for 1000 cu in. Then maybe consider a smaller pack.