Fun ideas for Idaho area before Sept. elk hunt

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
We are headed to Idaho (near Idaho Falls) for early September to hunt elk for a week. I've got some extra time before and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for other stuff to hunt, places to go, etc. We can be out there by the end of August. I've never been to Idaho, or spent much time in the neighboring states, so we are open to almost anything - amazing landscapes, fishing opportunities, etc. (This is a recent change of plans, so I realize tags may be challenging for hunts, but I'm open to pigs or whatever.)

Thanks in advance!

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Thanks but the scouting is handled.

BAKPAKR

WKR
Slide over to Yellowstone for a few days.

I think a loop through Yellowstone NP and Grand Teton NP would be hard to beat for the most eye candy.

If you head northwest instead and hit Borah Peak, watch out for Chicken-Out Ridge. The view from the top is amazing though.

I think a loop through Yellowstone NP and Grand Teton NP would be hard to beat for the most eye candy.

If you head northwest instead and hit Borah Peak, watch out for Chicken-Out Ridge. The view from the top is amazing though.
Simply cannot beat Yellowstone or the Big Tits.....Chicken Out Ridge really isn't that bad, the exposure is appalling, but my teenage cousin did it with his hands in his pockets, lol....it's the afternoon lightning you gotta watch out for....

Stonebear

FNG
The only thing the locals are secretive about than their fishing spots is their huckleberry picking spots.

Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Jackson Hole, Craters of the Moon are all fantastic if you have the time. If you do head up towards the Jackson/Teton area, then take the route through Swan Valley. It’s a little longer, but a really nice drive and you can stop and get some square ice cream along the way.

There’s honestly not a lot to do in IF proper besides a couple places to eat. If you need any recommendations for food then let me know.