Fun powder game

PredatorX

WKR
What powder should I buy for 6.5 CM? This is what is in stock at my local fun shop.

I have one in mind already but let's see if you guys can spot it.
2f48cc87a8d27187ad58993319be3d6c.jpg
53d231a7f97256c74c62f84c6ec3f1c7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
PredatorX

PredatorX

WKR
Haha, man if they made it easy to ship I'd get some for you.

Those are 2 that I overlooked and probably shouldn't have.

Last edited:
You have a better selection that what I have seen recently. The W760 would be good and versatile for other calibers as well. I can't tell if one of those is the "new" 6.5 Staball from Win... If so, I would give it a try. Some of the Accurate powders have good results from others but I can't say that I have tried them.

Lawnboi

WKR
I’d ask where he hides the big boy jugs.

I wouldn’t let that xbr sit there either. Otherwise I don’t see anything that hasn’t been pretty easy to find, atleast stuff Iv been looking for.

OP
PredatorX

PredatorX

WKR
Thanks boys. He has a few big boy jugs down low but only a few. I will scoop up a few of these suggestions. Looking for a fast load.

OP
PredatorX

PredatorX

WKR
You have a better selection that what I have seen recently. The W760 would be good and versatile for other calibers as well. I can't tell if one of those is the "new" 6.5 Staball from Win... If so, I would give it a try. Some of the Accurate powders have good results from others but I can't say that I have tried them.
Bingo. I was going to make a play on the 6.5 staball.that is indeed what that is.

OP
PredatorX

PredatorX

WKR
I grabbed RL17 but I really want to try and see if I can get the creedmoor to really cook a 140 or 147 grain bullet.

Lawnboi

WKR

Here’s some reading on IMR enduron stuff vs Hodgdon. Obviously in those weights h4350 and re16 are going to be the number one choices.
Careful if going with something known to be temp sensitive. There’s a reason that shelf is clean or most temp stable powders.

MThuntr

WKR
I'm tinkering a bit with Staball 6.5 and 140 RFDs...so far velocity seems on par with listed numbers on Hodgdon's Website. I think this would shine slightly better on the 147 bullet as it's a touch slower than H4350. That's with zero "on range" evidence to support the theory though.