Further Discussion about Ziess and competing optics

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
I have the privilege of military pricing for most big name optics and am looking at spending $1500 or under for a scope with good glass and tracking, keep in mind with these discounts I can get most $2000 priced scopes under the 1500 mark. I will be using scope for hunting and a lot of practice on rocks and varmints. Glass quality IS important to me. I have been burned at last light by piss poor glass (huskemaw 4-16.)

I have been taking a hard look at getting a V4 4-16, I have scoured the internet to find one bad thing about them and I have yet to find anything other than "nit picking." Aside from the glass not reflecting the German made reputation has anyone had a problem with one yet and how are they holding up to abuse? I am also interested the V6, if either V6 model had the ZMOA 30 reticle I would have bought one already. From what I have gathered the V4 is actually Japanese and the V6 is German made can anyone confirm this?

I liked the idea of the NX8 but from the research I have gathered there are better options for the price. (That label must be expensive to print on their products.)

I think there are about 5 of the same scope with different labels out there with the same 4.5-27 mag range that seem to have all the same features. I've considered one of these as well (Athlon Cronus, Tract, etc.) but I have been burned by the "latest, greatest" scope company, twice now. (Vortex.)

I'd love some real world input from those of you that have owned these scopes i have mentioned that have done a good amount of spinning turrets. I left out Bushnell because it appears they don't make MOA scopes in their upper tier offerings which to me is a shame.

Sorry for the word vomit, I have probably over thought all of this but I would appreciate some input.

sneaky

"DADDY"
@Ryan Avery any advice? I think he's already eliminated NF for a dialing scope and the X5 is out of his budget. Maybe an RS3?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I really like the RS.3. The only thing I don't like about it is the 15 MOA per revolution. I have beat the crap out of it and it keeps on tracking

morgaj1

WKR
I have 2 Zeiss Conquest V4 in 4-16x44. They are great scopes, excellent glass, reliable RTZ and tracking with a durable finish. The V4 is made in Japan. I have the duplex illuminated models and really like the dot illumination. I have Leupold VX5HD, other Zeiss, Vortex Razor LHT and Swaro. The V4's hold their own in glass quality with all of these, have better illumination than the Vortex and more reliable tracking than the VX5HD.

OP
PanhandlePilgrim

PanhandlePilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
@Ryan Avery any advice? I think he's already eliminated NF for a dialing scope and the X5 is out of his budget. Maybe an RS3?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'd love to get an X5 or an ATACR but I'd probably have to find a new place to live with that shiny new scope if I spent that much. 🤣

I haven't completely written off NF, but I am definitely exploring other options. I'll take a look at that RS3, I dont know much about them, I wish there were a store that carried them so I could actually put hands on one.

Thanks for the input.

kickemall

WKR
Hopefully he'll chime in but I'm pretty sure that Ryan said on one of his podcasts that he had a V4 that didn't return to zero. I have one and so far so good but it hasn't had many rounds and definitely hasn't been thrown around, but its coming.

Spence

FNG
Its true with the V6 Germany and V4 Japan. I use them both. I have NEVER had one issue and use the hell out of them. V6 is a little nicer.