FYI: Remington Firearms

WCB

WKR
Didn't see this anywhere on here. By now everyone know Remington was sold off in pieces. The firearm segment that was purchased is laying off all 585 previously furloughed employees without compensation.

Last edited:
I guess this was posted as a FYI. I do feel truly sad for those folks and I am still baffled by Remington's second bankruptcy. However, when one dives deeper into the issues that Remington faced and the "Moneyball" game that the parent companies played as well as the products that it was turning out as of late, there is no big surprise that Remington appears to be going the way of the DoDo.

OP
W

WCB

WKR
I guess this was posted as a FYI. I do feel truly sad for those folks and I am still baffled by Remington's second bankruptcy. However, when one dives deeper into the issues that Remington faced and the "Moneyball" game that the parent companies played as well as the products that it was turning out as of late, there is no big surprise that Remington appears to be going the way of the DoDo.
Yeah sorry edited as an FYI...As you stated the parent company ran every brand into the ground.

BBob

WKR
You should add that the layoff was not from the new owners and the new owners have announced they plan on re-hiring much of the laid off work force.

22lr

WKR
Tons of sympathy to the workers who suffer through this. But zero Sympathy to the company as a whole. If you go bankrupt in the middle of historic firearm sales... its a sign your company had serious underlying flaws. Good riddance, and hopefully the new owners will get their respective brands back on track.

wapitibob

WKR
My 700 didn't shoot worth a darn, sent it back and they replaced everything; "barrel missing rifling" was the comment on the paperwork. When you're that bad at what you do, you deserve to go away.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’ve never purchased a bad Remington. I hope this investment company doesn’t drain the funds like the last one did.

def90

WKR
Guessing this has more to do with clearing all of the books before the new owner comes in.

Meh.

2 of 3 700s I bought in the last 10 years are so-so at best And cost over $1000 each. Bought 3 newer 870s in the last few years and the QC is shite.

IMO the Remington quality of old is long gone. I wouldn’t say never but I would need a good reason to buy a new production Remington when I can get more gun for less money from other brands.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve never purchased a bad Remington. I hope this investment company doesn’t drain the funds like the last one did.
I know remington gets a bad rap for pumping out crappy rifles, but like you, I havn't had one. One of my favorite rifles is an xcr2 I have. A friend of mine got a brand new off the shelf BDL 7mm and a mountain rifle in 270 last year, both looked great, I couldnt find any problems and they both shot really well.

EastMT

WKR
I’m a huge rem fan. I like push feed, 2 position safeties, I know, wierd. My first bad one was last year. 2 times to the factory, new barrel first time, new bolt second time. After I got all the gremlins out, I sold it I was so pissed about it, first new rifle I had bought in a long time.

After that I bought an old 90’s ADL nitride and perfect as usual. Those old ADL 22” from the 90’s are and amazing deal, with a B&C light Varmint in ADL they are 6.25 lbs, pretty good for a $400 rifle, $150 used LVSF stock.

I really hope they fix the problems, with that auction it looked to me like they had too many irons in the fire, they need to focus on a couple things, not everything.