FYI Swarovski Pure and Marsupial medium

ohoopee

WKR
Just an FYI. The Marsupial small pouch is too small for the NL Pure 10x42 with the headrest attached to the Binoc's.

Last edited:

Sadler

WKR
Just an FYI. The Marsupial medium pouch is too small for the NL Pure 10x42 with the headrest attached to the Binoc's.
Is that headrest worth the hassle of using and finding a bino pack that’ll work with it attached?

OP
ohoopee

ohoopee

WKR
Dealer provided the headrest gratis and I was using them before I got the Marsupial. I do believe the headrest would work with my Kuiu harness and It does provide an alternate way to stabilize the binocs. The headrest is not a "no go". I just haven't decided whether I like the medium Marsupial more:)).

The headrest protrudes from the side of the glass just enough to keep lid from closing and magnets from locking. With that being the issue, It is the width of bino's/headrest that prevents closure. The headrest adjust enough so the 10x42's are not longer with them. Just a touch wider.

cbeard64

WKR
I have read at least two posters say they have “stretched” their medium Marsupial and it now works with the headrest.
Does that sound plausible?

OP
ohoopee

ohoopee

WKR
I could stretch the "Small" pack enough to squeeze the Bino inside. However, it did require
2 hands and doing so on the go would be more tedious. I also wonder about the
long term effect on the harness where it stretches around the headrest. My suggestion
would definitely be either a larger Marsupial and have the glass not fit as well or a different
model harness. The headrest does come off quite easily and could be removed and put in the
marsupial pocket.

Last edited:
OP
ohoopee

ohoopee

WKR
First image is the pack after stretching a bit and you can see it doesn't quite close. Second
image is a full stretch and squeeze. It will squeeze in but........

Attachments

• IMG_marsupial4926.jpg
    IMG_marsupial4926.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_marsupial4927.jpg
    IMG_marsupial4927.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 53

Siggy111

FNG
The medium would benefit from a cover that accommodated the head rest. I’m ok with what I did. I stretched it out and broke it in. Not sure how many Marsupial would sell to make it worthwhile.

OP
ohoopee

ohoopee

WKR
Correction!!! I have the Small as recommended on the website. Marsupial said
the medium would fit the swaro with the headrest.

Bkdc

FNG
This is my dilemma as well. Assuming that the standard Marsupial won’t stretch like enclosed binocular pack as it is canvas and not stretchy?

Rhansen

Lil-Rokslider
I have the medium and didn’t feel like it was a good fit with the head rest. I’m sure you could stretch it out enough but I didn’t want to. I went with the XL Kuiu and it works

OP
ohoopee

ohoopee

WKR
I ordered the medium last week and received it today. The Medium will close
with the 10x42 pure just fine. It does however swallow the binocs. I have to
reach inside and fumble with them to get them out. I will return the Medium
and either run my binocs w/o the headrest in the small Marsupial or carry them
in another chest pack. I do really like the Marsupial more than my other chest pack.

Basically, it seems to take two hands to retrieve the binocs out of the larger medium
Marsupial pack. I am pretty sure that after some usage it will become easier to get them out
but I will still have a pack that swallows the 10x42.