G-hook , K-clip hybrid

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if a combination of g-hook and k-clip is made anywhere by anyone?

Essentially one half K-clip for a semi-permanemt install on a webbing loop, the other half g-hook for a relatively secure, but quick attach and detach to another loop.

itw-g-hook-flat.jpg
PolymerKclip335.jpg

wapitibob

WKR
Cut the btm cross bar with a hacksaw blade or a thin saw chain file. I made them when I was using that Gen II meat bag as my day pack bag and meat hauler. Never had one fail.

IMG_3477 (Medium).JPG

blkqi

WKR
Another option here would be a quick attach buckle, if you don't need the superior strength and silence of a G-hook.

OP
P

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
Another option here would be a quick attach buckle, if you don't need the superior strength and silence of a G-hook.

I'm going to use a couple to attach the Stryker bag to the frame loops, probably at the top loops. I'm using K-clips now but I find them a bit of a pain and I can imagine getting frustrated with cold fingers if I need to set up the load shelf.

The short length of the K-clip or g-hook minimizes bag movement when I undo a side compression straps. I did use a pair of buckle on the bottom of the bag.
20200519_200318.jpg20200519_200332.jpg

wapitibob

WKR
The cut side of the G-hooks are a bitch to get into the semi permanent loop side of the attachment. A flat blade screw driver is what I needed to pry and prod the webbing thru and around the slot in the g-hook.

OP
P

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
20200525_135216.jpg
The cut up g-hook is going to work perfectly. I do wish there were a couple of tighter loops at the top of the frame that would take a bit more slack out of it all with the g-hooks hooked into them but I think it will work well.

Thanks guys!