G20 holster

rickiesrevenge

Lil-Rokslider
Whats your favorite holster for a G20 while backpacking? I need to start looking for one. I'm not sure if I want a chest holster or to go on my pack belt. I wear a bino harness while in the field.

Aaron

Rob5589

WKR
I use a Safariland ALS with paddle. Goes from my belt to pack easily. I fashioned up a holster to attach to my bino harness and found it annoyingly uncomfortable

Red River holsters makes a Kydex one that works with Streamlight tlr-1 and can be mounted to a Blade Tech drop offset belt loop. That allows me to run it on my belt while carrying a backpack without any interference issues. This way it never leaves me. I use the same holster set up for pistol matches.

Are you going to be carrying in inclement weather? Meaning, the holster will be in sub zero temps, ,rain,snow, for 10 -18 hrs at a time and in dirt, mud, then frozen and thawed all within a 24hr period?

I've posted this before and got some criticism from other members here , so I'll post it again for fun..
The Safariland ALS is a fantastic platform and my go to holster for almost every application. The problem is the thumb break release mechanism locks up in continuous wet/freezing environments. This has been proven on two different hunting trips with three different weapons each outing.. All were stuck in the holsters , trying to draw was like pulling your pants up to your shirt pocket. Yes, Safariland provides these to multiple law enforcement agencies in a plethora of countries including a few in arctic weather. Are the officers in continuous wet sub zero temps? Nope. Wet, dunked, then left in the holster outside for 12hrs, nope.
The cheap Blackhawk Serpas never froze and always released, I'm not a huge fan of the Serpas because the release mechanism placement could cause a negligent fire by some of the dumber folks, but all in all they outperform the Safariland ALS in every category when exposed to rapid freezing/wet conditions. THIS IS ONLY MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

Rob5589

WKR
I've posted this before and got some criticism from other members here , so I'll post it again for fun..
The Safariland ALS is a fantastic platform and my go to holster for almost every application. The problem is the thumb break release mechanism locks up in continuous wet/freezing environments. This has been proven on two different hunting trips with three different weapons each outing.. All were stuck in the holsters , trying to draw was like pulling your pants up to your shirt pocket. Yes, Safariland provides these to multiple law enforcement agencies in a plethora of countries including a few in arctic weather. Are the officers in continuous wet sub zero temps? Nope. Wet, dunked, then left in the holster outside for 12hrs, nope.
The cheap Blackhawk Serpas never froze and always released, I'm not a huge fan of the Serpas because the release mechanism placement could cause a negligent fire by some of the dumber folks, but all in all they outperform the Safariland ALS in every category when exposed to rapid freezing/wet conditions. THIS IS ONLY MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.
Good info. Personally, after using a Serpa several years ago, I'd never choose one for a Glock.