G5 Deadmeat and Tightspot Headache

cvanman

Lil-Rokslider
I wanted to help those of you that are thinking about the G5 Deadmeat broadhead and already own the Tightspot quiver.

DO NOT BUY the deadmeat broadheads unless you plan on modifiying your quiver. If you try to secure the broadhead/arrow so it won't slide out of the quiver, you will deploy the broadhead by barely pushing it into the quiver hood. There is no way around this.

After talking with G5 and telling them that there is a major issue, thier solution is to modify the quiver by drilling out the broadhead slot. The problem with this, is that once you do that to fit the G5 Deadmeat head, you have essentially ruined the hood of a $150 quiver for other broadheads that aren't this finicky.

Expensive lesson for a broadhead that I cannot use unless I change quivers, and I am not going to do that.

OR Archer

WKR
You could always add the additional gripper to your quiver to help hold the arrows in place without them deploying

Huh, I hiked around and hunted with dead meats in my tight spot all last year and didn’t notice an issue.

nphunter

WKR
Huh, I hiked around and hunted with dead meats in my tight spot all last year and didn’t notice an issue.
Same here, I've hiked around with all kinds of heads and have had zero issues with my tight spot. I've shot T3's in the past prior to the dead meat and shot my elk last year with a deadmeat. I put hundreds of miles in every fall with my bow in tow as well and I have had zero issues with most, the only issue I did have was with some trypans and breaking collars when I would get the blades caught dragging my bow through thick brush day after day?

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
I wanted to help those of you that are thinking about the G5 Deadmeat broadhead and already own the Tightspot quiver.

DO NOT BUY the deadmeat broadheads unless you plan on modifiying your quiver. If you try to secure the broadhead/arrow so it won't slide out of the quiver, you will deploy the broadhead by barely pushing it into the quiver hood. There is no way around this.

After talking with G5 and telling them that there is a major issue, thier solution is to modify the quiver by drilling out the broadhead slot. The problem with this, is that once you do that to fit the G5 Deadmeat head, you have essentially ruined the hood of a $150 quiver for other broadheads that aren't this finicky.

Expensive lesson for a broadhead that I cannot use unless I change quivers, and I am not going to do that.
Tight spot sells a additional arrow holder for just that purpose that attached to the side rails of the tight spot. Have the same issue with SEVR broadheads. Added the extra holder and problem solved.

Fadeaduno

FNG
I too had no issues with with dead meats or t3. Sevr’s did eventually rattle. The add on gripper helps too. I got both the second gripper and a foam hood insert from S and S archery for the issue with the sevr but the second gripper helped with that and I never needed the foam hood insert.