G5 Striker ?

TwoTikkas

WKR
Hey all. Bought some old style Strikers. Good price,I think. Opened one pack and started spin testing. Not good. Tried different arrows. Same results. Oh I could occasionally get a dead nuts spin,but not easily or predictably. Upon further inspection, I noticed daylight showing between the ferrule and the insert. Seems they are seating on the back of the blades that protrude beyond the back of the ferrule. Washer or no washer. Seems odd. Is this normal? Or are these possibly loaded up with new style blades?

150plusB&C

Lil-Rokslider
Had the same issue with one bh last year. There were burrs in the slots that held the blades from seating properly. The rest spun perfect but that one out of 6 would not spin no matter what I did. Contacted G5 they sent a new 3 pack. Great heads otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TwoTikkas

TwoTikkas

WKR
That's good to know. I bought 4 packs. Opened one of them. All 3 have the blades hanging down below the bottom of the ferrule. I have an email out to G5 now.

Theres a reason there discontinued.
But the new blades are completely different no way they would go in at all.
Put the brass washer against the blades, so they can dig in.
Then you'll have to flex them to get um to spin.

Fyi my pro shop confirmed for me they are discontinuing the replacement blades as well.
So you may just consider getting out of them.
I have like 5 decent used ones if u wanna buy some more though.

OP
TwoTikkas

TwoTikkas

WKR
Is all 3 out of the pack not spinning true or just one particular bh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all 3. Sorting through a bunch of arrows. I could get a decent spin occasionally, if I didn't tighten the bh a lot. Much over lightly snugged would set up a wobble.

OP
TwoTikkas

TwoTikkas

WKR
Theres a reason there discontinued.
But the new blades are completely different no way they would go in at all.
Put the brass washer against the blades, so they can dig in.
Then you'll have to flex them to get um to spin.

Fyi my pro shop confirmed for me they are discontinuing the replacement blades as well.
So you may just consider getting out of them.
I have like 5 decent used ones if u wanna buy some more though.

I heard the same thing. I have some replacement blades on the way. If I can get each of them trued up on some specific arrow, Ill run them through hogs in Oklahoma come March. Then chit can them I guess.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Did they change manufacturing facilities for these? I still have some from when they first came out and the blades all slide in perfectly. The only thing I didn't like about them back then was that they used only the brass washer against the blades, and the blades would ding up the brass from shooting and then they wouldn't spin true. So I just used steel washers against the blades and then the thicker brass against the arrow. That solved any wobble issues.

So after that worked, I called G5 and they said they used the brass against the blades to help "give" on hard hits so the blades wouldn't break. Well, make thicker tougher blades then.....sheesh. They ended up sending me a bunch of extra brass washers but I just keep using the steel washers against the blades. I used some washers from some old Slick Tricks.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
These came with a steel washer on the broad head,and a bag of brass washers as well.

Ya, they started including the steel washers after they realized that most guys didn't want dinged up brass washers that made the BH's wobble. But the early ones only came with the brass. And the 125's use a thicker brass washer than the 100's. I actually had an early Striker Mag (with just the thin brass washer that came with those) that I shot through some 3/4" plywood, and the force shoved one of the blades completely back through the brass washer and then split the end of my Axis arrow. That's when I demanded the steel washers from them.