G7BR2 and Ballistic Apps

buzzy

WKR
I use a second generation G7BR2 as my main method to calculate drop. I also have Shooter on my iPhone as a backup in case I have to rely on my buddies range finder. I use an older model Kestrel to input atmospheric data into shooter.

With a recent new rifle I've been verifying the app and G7 with real world conditions. What I have found is that with the exact same atmospheric data and BC the G7 is about 200 FPS different (higher) as compared to Shooter, Berger ballistic calculator, and Nightball (old nightforce ballistic calculator). And I have found this difference with the one other rifle that I use but never dug into the numbers that deeply until now.

OK, so I have to change the FPS (lower) with the app and ballistic programs to get them to match up with the G7. And I can get them to match up pretty well with only about .5 MOA different at a few of the longer range distances. What's strange is that the 3 programs all align really well with the drop info that is calculated. Seems the program G7 is using is pretty different than what many programs are using today. Has anyone found a mobile app that closely aligns with their G7?

I'm also assuming adjusting the FPS is the correct way to get allignment vs. changing the BC value. If that's not correct please enlighten me. Thanks

bow_dozer

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting, I have a Gen 1 G7. much of the same as you, I use Strelok on my phone as backup app. Especially at distance, >800 i start to see quarter moa differences/outputs. I did populate the app from data pulled off the G7.

OP
B

buzzy

WKR
Feel stupid here but figured this out. Somehow I had inputted the wrong FPS by 150 or so. I also moved over to the G7 BC and now they align. No more than .25 MOA off out to 1000 yards.