GA new guy

Greetings from Georgia!

Not necessarily new to the site but realized I have never formally introduced myself. So here it goes...

I grew up in western KS and began hunting pheasant and quail at a young age. Moved to GA and began hunting deer and then progressed to black bear in the north GA mountains (glorified hills).

I am an avid archery hunter and hunt whitetail sat my family’s farm in Missouri every year. I have been elk hunting once 2 years ago and will be in New Mexico for archery elk this year.

I love this site and love all the input from the experienced hunters from all over! I try and soak it all up like a sponge! If I can ever help anyone please feel free to contact me!
God bless and happy hunting

Jason_F

FNG
Where in GA are you from @Nhawkinsf36? I'm looking for folks to show me the ropes on bear hunting as I'm an "adult onset hunter" and I'm very new to this. I'm in Gwinnett County outside Atlanta.

OP
Nhawkinsf36
Where in GA are you from @Nhawkinsf36? I'm looking for folks to show me the ropes on bear hunting as I'm an "adult onset hunter" and I'm very new to this. I'm in Gwinnett County outside Atlanta.
Hey, I actually work in Gwinnett and live up 85 from there in Jefferson. I would be happy to show you what I know. I seem to struggle finding folks that want to go bear hunting since most folks I know are avid deer hunters.