GAIA questions

Rokwiia

WKR
I downloaded GAIA on my Android and have been using it the past week or so. I really like it but have a few questions I could use some help with and wondered if someone here might know:

1) I would like to keep the arrow in he center of the screen as I move but can't find where to choose that option. I saw it a few days ago but can't find it.

2) When following a saved track, is there a way I can switch from "north up" to "track up"? That way the arrow is always pointing straight ahead, in the line of travel, rather pointing toward north, east, south, or west? I thought it might be in "Settings", "Map Controls" but couldn't find it.

3) GAIA has a "trackback" feature denoted by the infinity sign. I can't find how to use it when I want to retrace my steps. I clicked on the infinity sign and nothing seemed to happen.

Thank you for any insights.

corncob

WKR
I downloaded GAIA on my Android and have been using it the past week or so. I really like it but have a few questions I could use some help with and wondered if someone here might know:

1) I would like to keep the arrow in he center of the screen as I move but can't find where to choose that option. I saw it a few days ago but can't find it. You do this by hitting the Locate button. Here's some guidance on it for Android, but it works similarly on my iPhone. https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/a...ate-and-Follow-Yourself-on-the-Map-in-Android

2) When following a saved track, is there a way I can switch from "north up" to "track up"? That way the arrow is always pointing straight ahead, in the line of travel, rather pointing toward north, east, south, or west? I thought it might be in "Settings", "Map Controls" but couldn't find it. I think what you're talking about is in Settings - Compass - Map Arrow.

3) GAIA has a "trackback" feature denoted by the infinity sign. I can't find how to use it when I want to retrace my steps. I clicked on the infinity sign and nothing seemed to happen. Here's a guide on the Guide feature. Not sure it's going to do exactly what you want if you're looking for turn-by-turn. https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/a...to-and-along-a-Track-Route-or-Waypoint-in-iOS

Thank you for any insights.

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
Thanks corncob!

I think there is a slightly different platform for IOS as my android version doesn't doesn't have "Compass" as a feature in Settings.

As far as the trackback, it seems surprising they can't put the arrow on your location and have it guide you exactly on the route you just took. In the end, as long as I save the route then just follow it back on the screen, it accomplishes the same thing.

Thanks again.