Gaited horses can make really good Mountain horses

I gotta be honest, I know nothing about horses... well okay, I know some stuff from research but nothing first hand but I want to learn!

Anyway, seeing all the animals on his back and then seeing him chase off the grizzly and stay cool was pretty awesome... and the getting in and out of the truck was awesome as well.

Maybe in the future after some lessons I’ll be lucky enough to find a horse this cool.

wyodan

WKR
Sweet video! That's a very well trained animal. What's the name of the song you had the video in time with the cougar and the wolf?

wysongdog

WKR
Man, you are turning out some bad a$$ mountain ponies!! Severely jealous. Wish you could find a fancy mule and get him trained up like the rest of your ponies lol. Looks like I may have to drive up to Powell lol.

OP
wymtnpounder
Sweet video! That's a very well trained animal. What's the name of the song you had the video in time with the cougar and the wolf?
Thanks. Song's by Corb Lund "Truth Comes Out" He's from Alberta I believe and has a few good ones, check him out.

Stefan

Lil-Rokslider
Streak is a 6 y/o gelding Tennessee walking horse that we'll be selling in June. If you've ever wondered if gaited horses can make it in the mountains just see for yourself.
I love my TNW. She is a wonderful horse for beginners and experienced alike.

wysongdog

WKR
I hate you lol. Damn birds can be a train wreck. She didn’t even flinch. Another stand up pony

Dead eye BT

Lil-Rokslider
It takes a lot of love to train an animal that well. I honestly don’t know how you can sell him. You’ve built that horse up and earned his trust, without a flinch, as seen in the videos. My hat’s off to you wymntpounder!

That’s an impressive hoss. I know you have to have a solid foundation to build on, but that horse has had some excellent training.

OP
wymtnpounder
Man, you are turning out some bad a$$ mountain ponies!! Severely jealous. Wish you could find a fancy mule and get him trained up like the rest of your ponies lol. Looks like I may have to drive up to Powell lol.
There are a few mules in the sale. Don't really know much about them though

DracoPuy

FNG
Streak is a 6 y/o gelding Tennessee walking horse that we'll be selling in June. If you've ever wondered if gaited horses can make it in the mountains just see for yourself.
Perfect job. I'm just wondering how much you want to sell a horse for?