Gaiters or no gaiters???

I have a hard time wearing them until later in the year when the temps cool a little. They just make my feet to hot.

However, I have them in the truck and will use them if need be.

Tank76

FNG
I used mine on the second week of bow season last year but we had some crazy storms with rain, hail and snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlgc20

WKR
I have them on my gear list at the moment. GI ended the weather being so hot and dry, I will probably not bring them. I will put them in the truck and make a game time decision whether they make it into the backcountry.

I wear em when hiking through tick-infested and/or dew-soaked areas or in wet weather but hate em otherwise.

JoeVon

FNG
Gaiters help eliminate wicking from pant legs to boot/sock tops. I wear them from early archery to late buck.

Poser

WKR
If you hunt a lot, you need a quiver off gaiters. The full length, waterproof ones are best reserved for colder weather. A lightweight pair of mid gaiters that are water resistant are more ideal for hotter, dryer weather. They’ll add an extra layer of protection while being wearable all day.

NEWAoutdoors

Lil-Rokslider
Gaiters will protect your fancy-dancy hunting pants/rain pants from the scrub brush and shale rock as well. Another way to look at it, a cheap pair of gaiters protecting your $100+ pants from the knees down.
Yeah this plus keeps debris out of boots in dry weather

I always wear my gaiters, yeah they can get a little warm in early season but I just like the protection. Up in northern B.C. we got a lot of underbrush and blowdown.

During archery season those sweat bags are staying in the pickup 95% of the time. Sure nice to have if snow dumps but most of time I'd rather leave them behind.

Vandy321

WKR
Spent $400 on boots, would rather let the cheaper gaiters take the abuse....as long as its not too hot. They're on now unless it's over about 60. Added protection for the calf too...rather run hot then put a sharp stick in my leg through some thin pants.