Gaiters

Kuiu Yukons are breathable but allow anything pointy through (not that good when hunting the desert). The Kryptek Petras do a great job at keeping the pointy things from getting in but don't breathe worth a damn.

gelton

WKR
I have tried OR crocs and Kuiu and I like the Kuiu better, keep the OR just to loan out to hunting partners who haven't seen the light yet.

Poser

WKR
Not just one pair of gaiters, but a quiver for every condition: hot weather, mild wet weather, wet weather, and butt-ass cold weather.

a54e92c020e536fc8cf97fd1b321b8a2.jpg

Last edited:

Rytanfos

FNG
Just wondering what gaiters you guys recommend, if any. Planning my first elk hunt this year so trying to be as prepared as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have Kryptek. Not sure they even sell them anymore but they’ve worked great for me in wet conditions before but I’ve honestly stopped packing them in with me. Got to a point where a never used them.

OP
E

elayt213

FNG
Thanks for all the feedback guys, gonna do a little more research on the OR and the kenetrek. Seem to be the two most popular so that’s what I’ll decide between

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
I love Kuiu Kutana gaiters, but they aren’t in the website anymore. I’ve emailed them asking about them, waiting to hear back.

700MtnMan

FNG
Have the Kuiu Yukons and the Sitka Stormfronts both are very well made. I usually opt to wear the Kuiu's as they seem quieter and a little tougher made to me.

fshaw

WKR
Bought a set of Sea to Summit Quagmire gaiters to replace a set of worn out OR Crocs. Great gaiter. Can’t go wrong with either.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Kuiu Yukons are definitely worth looking at, I've beat the crap out of mine (both hunting season and snowshoeing/backcountry skiing) and they keep on ticking. Very well made, remain very waterproof and they are pretty quiet too

I much prefer the Kuiu snap closure at the bottom to OR's velcro- the velcro always wears out