Gaiters

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
Outdoor Research Crocodile are the gold standard for waterproof, durable gaiters. They are not perfect, but are way more waterproof and durable than most hunting brand's offerings. I had Crocodile gaiters for 6+ years of Alaska hunting, hiking, and snowshoeing before they showed significant wear and the Goretex started to leak and the straps frayed. I then went to First Lite gaiters for a hot minute and they performed similar to the Stone Glacier gaiters mentioned above (i.e., very poorly), so I went back to OR Crocodiles and am happy as can be.

Sitka and Peax gaiters appear to have copied the OR Crocodile gaiter and perhaps made a few improvements. Sitka are $$$ (no suprise) but are lighter than Crocodiles and have a nice Goretex construction- Sitka knows how to use Goretex. Peax are a smidge lighter than the Crocodile and they have dyneema stitching and a kevlar boot strap, minor improvements.

What I'd like for any gaiter is more coverage over the toe laces, which is where mud and water accumulate during really wet hikes. This eventually leads to saturation of leather starting at the edges and stitches. I have some leftover PCV raft fabric and stainless wire that I will use to make some lace protectors that augment the gaiters.

sr80

WKR
you should check out APE equipment. He's a local BC guy making his own gaiters, i do not have a pair, but know a handful of guys that do and everyone has really good feedback. He doesn't have a website yet, but is on IG and FB.

few907

FNG
Seems like a lot of work. My OR Crocodile gators are awesome and were less than $100

yfarm

WKR
Have regular crocs, work well but noisy due to cordura, bought a pr of exped crocs, are sized different and much stiffer, noisier cordura. Have one season on Kings 3 layer, much quieter, too early to know durability but look good so far.