Gaitors

I use small gaiters for antelope hunting, and the taller gaiters for mountain hunting when I am expecting a lot of rain or snow. A real lifesaver in terms of dry feet. Plus it keeps the junk from getting in my shoes.

R

rebecca francis

I can't live without my kenetrek gaitors! I wear them almost all the time.

6812561297_6bd2f687f4_z.jpg

D

david long

Outdoor Research Crocodiles......I have used them for many, many years. They pretty much set the standard when it comes to gaiters!
gaiters.jpg

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
OR Crocodile gaiters here as well. 7 or 8 years of use and still holding strong.

Last edited:

alecvg

Lil-Rokslider
I have outdoor research gaters, they are awesome! Especially in the high country after it is raining, (seems to be very often in the north cascades) Keeps from getting too soaked in the knee high blue berry bushes etc

Just got my first pair of gaiters, OR Low Mountain gaters to be exact. I wore them doing yard work last night, loved them!! Wore them with hiking shoes and didn't have to worry about getting dirt, grass, and sticks in the top of my shoe, I'm sure they would work great when working with sand too, trying them out on a turkey hunt this weekend, should work fantastic!! I am now a Huge fan of Gaiters. and they were only $20.

J-Daddy

WKR
I gotta get some of the short REI's like Aron has...I'll wear them to shoot 3-d in if nothing else cause I always shoot in shorts and by the end of the day my shoes are always full of dirt & rocks.

Lawnboi

WKR
Most of the time i like short gators like the ones listed above. If i hunted wetter areas or in the snow then id want something a little more substancial.

I like short ones, even with taller boots, to keep my pant legs tucked in from creating noise and getting snagged on stuff.