Game bags: Argali vs Black Ovis

Trees91

WKR
Any one used either or both? Looking to get some durable reusable bags for this fall. Ovis are cheaper by a bit ($50 vs $70)

Weight listed for the Ovis sacks is 1.2 lbs (19.2oz).
Weight listed for the argali bags is only 9 ounces.
With a 10 ounce difference it makes me wonder if the argali bags are tough enough.

I’ve heard good things but I’d say go Caribou or TAG. Personally I’ve gone Caribou.
I saw an interesting video and all 4 did WAY more then expected for the various bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Haven’t tried Ovis bags but I have the Argalis and can tell you they have held up to packing out several mule deer and an elk after two seasons. I also run through the washer machine and line dry after each use. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they got small holes/tears in them and would use tenacious tape to repair if so.

OP
Trees91

Trees91

WKR
Haven’t tried Ovis bags but I have the Argalis and can tell you they have held up to packing out several mule deer and an elk after two seasons. I also run through the washer machine and line dry after each use. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they got small holes/tears in them and would use tenacious tape to repair if so.
That's what I wanted to hear. If they last a couple seasons I would be happy with them. I like that fact that the kit weighs 9 ounces too.

Lawnboi

WKR
Have both. Buy the argali. Better all the way around and made in the US

Black ovis and caribou bags are on the same plane for me, almost the same things. Imo the argali bags are superior all around.

Have filled caribou, argali and black ovis bags all multiple times now. They all work.

Last edited:
Have both. Buy the argali. Better all the way around and made in the US

Black ovis and caribou bags are on the same plane for me, almost the same things. Imo the argali bags are superior all around.

Have filled caribou, argali and black ovis bags all multiple times now. They all work.
Thanks for the review. I just ordered a kit!