GAME BAGS???

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
I made my own out of military mattress covers ( fart sacks). Have also used bed sheets sewed into bags and pillow cases. I've carried these for years, have enough I can sack up two moose. I come home and throw them in the washer and am good to go the next time.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I really like TAG bags, if I’m packing them that’s what I take. If we are voting or moose hunting from a truck or snow machine, I just take Alaska game bags.

bobclem11

FNG
I’ve been trying to come to a decision on some game bags as well. I’ve narrowed down to the point I’m in between the Argalis, Caribou or VIAM game bags. All seem like really good choices and you couldn’t go wrong with either of the three.

Snyder54

FNG
I’ve used Caribou, TAG, and Argali. I really like the Argali. All have worked great through multiple animals with each set. I’m using Argali now. They are the lightest and have been pretty durable so far. Also breath really well. Get the MOB if you want keep the bone in on elk. The backcountry version works great for boned out elk or deer/antelope bone in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

406unltd

WKR
I’ve only used caribou game bags. They have always been great. With that said I will likely try another one out in the next year or two just so I can speak to another product which will probably be awesome as well

Kuiu are made in China if that is important to you. Plenty of Good American made Game bags. I’ve got Backcountry borne in my kill kit for this season. I have some others that are pretty good, VIAM Outdoors make some decent ones.

T.A.G. Bags for years. Packed out about 10 animals, same set, and they are still going strong.

JNDEER

WKR
Used black Ovis bags and kuiu. Last few animals I have killed (elk, axis, deer, pig) I have actually really liked to use kuiu boned out bags. Big enough for a elk quarter boned out and fit a whole boned out deer. Nice tight fit and easier to pack then the big pillow case style bags, plus it hangs the meat more even and allows for better cooling than having to flip big meat balls in a pillow case style bag.

MtnMuley

WKR
Over 100 animals over many years in TAGS. I like supporting the original guys who "ventured" (no pun intended) out to make better lightweight gear for us hunters.

Jory S.

FNG
I’ve used the TAG Bomb bags the last few years. The only issue I found was the opening of the bags were a little tight for sliding meat in when alone. I’ll be trying the argali bags this year.

Caibou Gear Muley. Still going strong after 4 seasons of use. Full disclosure, I've no experience with any other brands, and probably won't anytime soon. These do the job that they're built for and clean up very nicely.

Caibou Gear Muley. Still going strong after 4 seasons of use. Full disclosure, I've no experience with any other brands, and probably won't anytime soon. These do the job that they're built for and clean up very nicely.

VernAK

WKR
Educate us a little more. Are you sewing your own? How heavy and compact?

No sewing involved as it's a long knit tube. I cut off about 5' of tube.....tie an overhand knot in the middle and pull one side over the other. I then have a double strength bag that I tie with two overhand knots at the top. I typically put 40 -50 pounds of boned meat in a bag. The 5 pound roll will do 1.5 very large bull moose. If packing less per bag, I often go with single strength. I've been doing it for 30+ years. I pay about $25 for a roll. To see it in action, check out Geezer Ridge on Bone Collector site.

It's very light....stop at your local NAPA and check it out......smaller bundles are available.
NAPA Soft Polishing cloth 760-1050 Made in USA

Another vote for the Black Ovis game bags. They clean up real well and are durable. But for boned out meat, I go with the Kifaru Meat bags, which are super lightweight and with the handle, allow for hanging. They are also long and thin, which allows for better weight management when you are packing out the meat. It doesn't end up as a big huge sack ball at the bottom of your pack.