Game Bags

pansch220

FNG
I’ve thought about making them, but ended up buying them just out of convenience. I’ve got a few buddies that just buy cheap pillow cases, then just throw them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

go_deep

WKR
Had problems years ago with the cheaper thin bags, so I made my own out of untreated 4# cotton canvas. Breaths great, but thick enough bugs and birds can't get through it.

packer58

WKR
I dont think I will go the pillow case route LOL
Spend your money however you like but for about $10.00 you can pick up (4) synthetic quarter bags.......

Re-branded as pillow protectors with zipper enclosure from Walmart. The only downside to these bags is walking into Walmart........

i have only used cotton pillow cases beats cheese cloth any day of the week. Ive been doing this for decades. buy them at thrift stores .Dont worry if they are not white they still work they will not bleed dye into the meat. bigger sizes if you can

OP
J

J3DOYLE

FNG
Spend your money however you like but for about $10.00 you can pick up (4) synthetic quarter bags.......

Re-branded as pillow protectors with zipper enclosure from Walmart. The only downside to these bags is walking into Walmart........
Thank you for the tip! Pretty cool

WCB

WKR
Honestly I would go the cheap pillow case route. most are hemmed at the end you can make a little slit and put a piece of cord through for a draw string. soak them and then wash them with bleach and will last a long time. Hell I use the cheap cheese cloth kind and got 3 season out of some of them packing 3-4 animals a years in them. Clean up good as new each time.

No idea how guys spend so much money game bags because they have a zipper and cool name onthem.

WKR
Had a set of surplus laundry bags that I probably paid a buck each for back then. They worked great, hose em out and toss in the washer.
But OD green SUCKS trying to find in the dark.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You should put this tip over on the cheap gear thread.

Kentucky

WKR
I’ve used pillow cases every time I broke an animal down in field.. I bought some other this year.. idk why.. still in pack may sell them..

I just used pillow cases and put them in a contractor bag of putting in my pack.

dtrkyman

WKR

Have the details on specific ones you use?

packer58

WKR
No details really, other than their in the pillow / pillow case isle. I was being a little sarcastic when i claimed they were re-branded synthetic quarter bags but they work well for me at a very reasonable cost. I just think guys get caught up in the "latest and greatest" movement and could be just as happy with the performance of less expensive items. Don't get me wrong, i do have some high end gear but not high end deer bags.

ericwh

WKR
I guess if one wanted two "boned out meat bags" he could cut a pillow case in half and sew the cut shut on each half?

Pillowcases work well. If you want to sew up something, have a look at monolite. Extremely strong and so breathable many use it as a bug mesh.

lmeyer

WKR
Pillowcases work well. If you want to sew up something, have a look at monolite. Extremely strong and so breathable many use it as a bug mesh.

i wonder if this could be used to make a dual purpose tipi liner and bug screen. any one have experience with it?

mereside

FNG
i wonder if this could be used to make a dual purpose tipi liner and bug screen. any one have experience with it?
I would think it will be perfect, stronger than noseeum and used for hammocks so I would try it, regards Wayne