Game Bags

Laramie

WKR
Had a set of surplus laundry bags that I probably paid a buck each for back then. They worked great, hose em out and toss in the washer.
But OD green SUCKS trying to find in the dark.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Laundry bags are the way to go- extremely cheap and you can find them made our of different materials. They are strong- designed to hold a bunch of laundry.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have some smallish sized laundry bags that would be perfect sized for deboned meat. I think they were French mil surplus. Wouldn't fit a quarter though.

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
Pillowcases work well. If you want to sew up something, have a look at monolite. Extremely strong and so breathable many use it as a bug mesh.

@Mattedhead have you used this material yourself?

Batch

FNG
I make my own. Bought material from ripstop by the roll . They aren't better than anything you can buy, but I like making my own stuff when I can.

Tater730

FNG
I've had a lot of friends use those king size pillow cases, they added a draw string and away they went.

This is a very interesting thread.....I never thought about using a Laundry Bag for a meat bag.....there are all kinds of options that are very affordable for heavy duty cotton laundry bags. Webstaurantstore.com has them cheap along with molded coolers for half the price of name brand.

Dskinn

FNG
I’ve had success using old canvas painting tarps. Not a handy sewer but close enough to get the job done. I tried waxing a set too with mixed results. Letting the bag and contents breathe is better IMO.

BCoker

FNG
I made this for a co worker. He wanted something to attach to his existing badlands 2200 to make the haul out easier. Working on one for his wife to go on her Diablo dos. Used 2.2oz hex70 for the majority and 1.69z hyperD for the front part to make it more breathable. Came out at 13oz
5f68b0ff2031ad2e1c8b328c04c101e3.jpg
523691fe88fdc4c4d85c16ab9d4bbe13.jpg
6cdeeb9e57dfd11957db6490dd120300.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

onebuck

FNG
Pillow cases here too! Get em for nothing at a local thrift store. Wash with bleach when you’re done or just toss em.

@Mattedhead have you used this material yourself?
I've used it for a few projects. I have a hammock made out of it and I also made a backpack with a front pocket made of monolite. The hammock has done great. The backpack pocket had some rips/tears in it from dragging it down some rocks and not being easy on it. However, the rips did stop and didn't get any worse.

I think it would work well for the purpose. I have some extra sitting around, so I might stitch some up if I have enough left over.