Game Bags?

Jason277

WKR
Hello all, just curious what game bags you use for your elk? I have only been hunting blacktails in areas where I use a bike cart and take them out whole. Thanks, Jason

I've been using a TAG BOMB ("boned out meat bag") set for several years. They're lightweight and tough, but (as the name implies) they do force you to debone the quarters on larger animals like elk due to the long, narrow shape of the bags.

Northpark

WKR
Caribou gear bags have worked well for me for years. Recently tried the KUIU boned out game bags (got them for free) on spring bear. Actually really liked the shape and how light they were. They held up just fine. Liked the handles on the bags just for moving them around. Might grab a couple more but I like to debone meat in the field if I can just cause I am usually packing elk long distances and am not big on hauling out extra weight.

Marble

WKR
Allen

Pillow cases

Kifaru (which are actually nicer than I thought, I've used them on two hogs lately)

Heavy canvas type bags for when I have horses or sometime just carrying one quarter.

If someone has some sewing skills, older bed sheets work well and we have been using some for longer than I can recall.

If you have nothing, the Allen set is really affordable, compact and durable enough. Over the last 5 years I've put holes in two of them but they were well worth the money.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

ljalberta

WKR
TAG bags. I started with the BOMB kit and have since ordered one of each of their kits. The bags themselves are my favourite that I have used.

Additionally, the service is top notch. I had someone throw out a couple bags thinking they were disposable. I emailed the company and asked if they had any cheaper shipping options for ordering a couple replacement bags being shipped to Canada. They then just sent me two free bags without charge. That was far above and beyond what I would ever expect of a company.

TheTone

WKR
Caribou for a number of years. Considering picking up one or two of the kuiu bags just for loose meat and keep using my caribous for bone in quarters. The new mystery ranch ones have some nice looking features also

Elk97

WKR
I've used the Black Ovis elk bags and they haul meat great. They wash up and still look new after several years of use. They hold their shape even with boned out meat in them so pretty easy to carry on the pack. Only drawback is that they are kind of heavy, not sure how they compare to others though so may be comparable.

bow_dozer

Lil-Rokslider
This came from the "Cheap Stuff That Works" thread in the DIY section....

Mainstays Microfiber Zippered Pillow Protector, Standard/Queen​

I bought these at Walmart for deer hunting and they were great!
☝️ $12 and floral print! Haven't ripped yet, three elk and a bear.