Game Bags

RStarck

FNG
do your self a favor and do a little more research. if your asking if you need more than one game bag for a elk your not ready. im not trying to be a dick, really im not but your setting your self up for a heart break or worse if you don't know what your getting in to

The good thing about this place, especially for a new guy to the sport, is there are a lot of very experienced individuals who like to help with "research". As a lurker due to my limited experience, its refreshing to have a site like this that people are willing to help. This isn't AT, hopefully you can add some valuable info for us new guys who are doing their research 6 months in advance instead of two weeks before season!

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Larry (owner of TAG Bags) is coming out with some new bags that he and I designed.

They're closer to the configuration of the Kifaru meat baggies, using the concept of a taller and narrower game bag. Doing this will keep the meat erect and stop it from lumping up at the bottom.

These bags are designed for deboned meat and will be easier to handle for a solo or dual backpack hunter/hunters.

They should be available soon.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Definitely need to get a few of those new bags for the season. Sounds like a great new bag

crumy

WKR
Just when I thought I was done :). This site is bad on my bank account. But I'm getting cablea points

Backpack hunt or guide w/ horse/mule stock?
The ultra-light Caribou or Tag bags are awesome for backpack, but for mules I like canvas.
Although I prefer 4 3'x4' canvas bags for an elk, realistically you can fit 1/2 an elk in one bag when doing gutless method.

I sewed my own UL bags out of some very sheer rip-stop nylon. So sheer you can see throught it.
Hunt'nFish

DIY ultra-Light Game Bags

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey fellas, thanks for the props on our TAG Bags and customer service.

I realize that some guys prefer to buy locally if they can find the TAG Bags other places besides our online shopping cart:

http://www.pristineventures.com/products/game-bags.html

There are a couple of companies that carry our TAG Bags in OR and ID:

Oregon Packworks
Karl Findling
Bend, OR
(541) 410-0538

Far North Outfitters
Gary Short
Bonners Ferry, ID

Good luck.

BTW< For elk, most guys use the 24" X 44" set of five bags plus a couple of meat bags for tenderloins and backstraps.

Larry (owner of TAG Bags) is coming out with some new bags that he and I designed.

They're closer to the configuration of the Kifaru meat baggies, using the concept of a taller and narrower game bag. Doing this will keep the meat erect and stop it from lumping up at the bottom.

These bags are designed for deboned meat and will be easier to handle for a solo or dual backpack hunter/hunters.

They should be available soon.

I realize that some guys prefer to buy locally if they can find the TAG Bags other places besides our online shopping cart:

Any chance you can share some more details on your new bags? Do you have an idea when they will be out?

And, you should also look at selling your TAG bags on here. I'm sure it would go over really well.

Last edited:

dryflyguy

Lil-Rokslider

There are a couple of companies that carry our TAG Bags in OR and ID:

Oregon Packworks
Karl Findling
Bend, OR
(541) 410-0538

Far North Outfitters
Gary Short
Bonners Ferry, ID

Good luck.

BTW< For elk, most guys use the 24" X 44" set of five bags plus a couple of meat bags for tenderloins and backstraps.

Larry,

Be sure to update us when the new stuff is available. I want in on the first shipment.

Thanks,

-Jeremy

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The new bag fabric is just like the old, but the cut/size is different.

The new bag will be 14" wide and 36" tall. We decided to add some extra length to allow for hanging over logs/branches or extra room for tying 550 cord to the end when needed.

We haven't come up with a name for the kit yet, but it will include:

2@ 14x20 and 4@ 14x36

This kit will be more than enough to handle any sized elk. The 14x20 will be for scrap, back straps and tenderloins and the 14x36 will handle front and rear de-boned quarters or backstraps (depending on how you roll).

Rokslide will be carrying this kit for sure and we'll discuss carrying all of Larry's line.

Thanks everyone!

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
That's good news Aron, I really like the TAG bag material. Looking forward to getting some of these new bags too... Thanks for the info

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on the Tag bags. They are also a bit lighter than some of the other bags and have a nice carry bag.

JRHawaii

FNG
Aron, Here are some name for your new designed bag.
T.A.G. Bagslide
Meatslide
SackSlide
Meat Sock
Meat Tube
Rok Tube
Meat Shield Bag
Rok Bag
Rok Armor Bag
Rokslide Harvest Bag
After Kill Bags
Slaughter Bags
Butcher Bags
MDB Meat Down Bag

But please don't use "Extreme, Ultimate or Tactical" !

Last edited:

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I think littlebuf just meant that their are a lot of things that will be different with this kind of hunting vs hunting whitetails back east. So you will have a lot of things to learn. A lot of really fun things! You are starting out the right way by asking questions on this site. Lots of really helpful guys on this site that actually get out and do it, not just talk about it on the internet. Good luck on your trip! It will be a blast!

Last edited: